Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:51 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,061,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam666 View Post
I was thinking of buying a place in the Phoenix area and was curious if they still actively search for and remove illegals from the state????
nobody has asked if this ("actively searching") will really affect you if you move here.....are you concerned about being busted?.....or are you in favor of the "searching"?....thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 11:31 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,725,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I disagree with everyone's statements. I think the rhetoric is definitely down. A few years ago, Illegals were scapegoats for the horrible economy and a lot of anti-illegal and anti-Latino vitriol was present. Since the economy has improved, you don't hear a lot of that. And since politicians like Russel Pearce and Joe Arpaio have fallen out of favor recently, that has also contributed to this.

I think Arizona residents are hypocritical. The same state that wants to come down on illegals does not want to mandate e-verfiy for all businesses. The truth is Arizona residents want enough illegals to aid the construction industry and businesses but not too many to tax our healthcare system and schools.

It's a joke. So many businesses hire people with fake papers but don't use e-verify. They know their papers are fake but hire them anyway and then play dumb "Well he had papers"
Wow! Well put AZRiver!

Old 04-29-2012, 08:05 AM

424 posts, read 953,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Wow! Well put AZRiver!
That's why he is an MD and we're not.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:19 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
I think other states will follow Arizona's lead.
Imagine that...the states defend our borders while FEDZILLA sticks its head in the sand...a fine ostrich if I do say so myself.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:32 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,906,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam666 View Post
I was thinking of buying a place in the Phoenix area and was curious if they still actively search for and remove illegals from the state????
Not quite sure if they are doing any searching/removing but in the past year the Border Patrol has placed more than a thousand more agents in AZ. That might have something to do with the illegal slow down. I know they have been sending around 200 people a month to the academy in NM and most have been assigned to AZ. They are still sending them on a regular basis so I would expect more in the future.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Imagine that...the states defend our borders while FEDZILLA sticks its head in the sand...a fine ostrich if I do say so myself.

Well, the Obama administration holds the record for the number of deportations. Pretty busy ostrich!

Old 04-29-2012, 10:14 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Well, the Obama administration holds the record for the number of deportations. Pretty busy ostrich!
Yes, along with the big increases in border patrol agents. But they won't deport busboys and landscape workers and those are the illegals most of us see from day to day. So we get the impression that less is being done than really is.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:38 AM

777 posts, read 1,336,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yes, along with the big increases in border patrol agents. But they won't deport busboys and landscape workers and those are the illegals most of us see from day to day. So we get the impression that less is being done than really is.
Funny that you mention that. I have seen cops pulling over mostly landscape trucks out here lately. Don't know if it's on purpose or a huge coincidence though.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:46 AM

784 posts, read 923,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Didn't they issue a moritorium on deportations recently?

How does one just decide they are no longer going to inforce the laws?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:25 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
Didn't they issue a moritorium on deportations recently?

How does one just decide they are no longer going to inforce the laws?
Yes they did and exactly why states are frustrated. Depending on what happens in June with SCOTUS we could see a huge crackdown or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area