U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 05-03-2012, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
15,860 posts, read 18,628,631 times
Reputation: 8214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyFreddy View Post
I find it a bit ironic that Pearce blathers on about what a good man he is then ends the statement by praying for the souls and the families of four of the five dead. And half his statement is about how the mean media pestered him all day. Gee, what an inconvenience. Aren't you unemployed, anyway?
That was a disgusting piece of self pity, wasn't it? Pearce trying to make himself a victim in this shows what a loathsome individual he really is. BTW, the conference committee approved his path to reimbursement yesterday revealing what they are as well.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-03-2012, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Willo Historic District, Phoenix, AZ
1,498 posts, read 1,621,106 times
Reputation: 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That was a disgusting piece of self pity, wasn't it? Pearce trying to make himself a victim in this shows what a loathsome individual he really is. BTW, the conference committee approved his path to reimbursement yesterday revealing what they are as well.
Looks like the taxpayers just saved some money.

Plan to reimburse Russell Pearce campaign costs dies
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Tucson for awhile longer
4,740 posts, read 4,320,254 times
Reputation: 12234
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Oh, it was the Devil's fault. So glad Pearce clarified that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-03-2012, 11:04 PM
 
Location: Scottsdale
272 posts, read 235,296 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyFreddy View Post
I find it a bit ironic that Pearce blathers on about what a good man he is then ends the statement by praying for the souls and the families of four of the five dead. And half his statement is about how the mean media pestered him all day. Gee, what an inconvenience. Aren't you unemployed, anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That was a disgusting piece of self pity, wasn't it? Pearce trying to make himself a victim in this shows what a loathsome individual he really is. BTW, the conference committee approved his path to reimbursement yesterday revealing what they are as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Oh, it was the Devil's fault. So glad Pearce clarified that.
As infuriating as it is, it's just political SOP. Every political figure with any connection to Ready whatsoever will be distancing themselves from him, and regurgitating the same garbage, with little variation: "Great guy when I knew him (way back when - it will always be at least a couple of years in the past, even if they spoke via phone last week), seemed to fall apart/spiral out of control/etc for some reason or another (usually vague), severed ties with him at that point, haven't had any contact with him since (again, at least a year or two ago).

Repeat as needed, until the press stops asking. Pray the subject isn't mentioned during campaign season.

Apologies for the jaded response, but I've lived with Chicago politics for the past 14 yrs.

'nuff said...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2012, 07:53 AM
 
7,672 posts, read 2,288,283 times
Reputation: 1656
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
As infuriating as it is, it's just political SOP. Every political figure with any connection to Ready whatsoever will be distancing themselves from him, and regurgitating the same garbage, with little variation: "Great guy when I knew him (way back when - it will always be at least a couple of years in the past, even if they spoke via phone last week), seemed to fall apart/spiral out of control/etc for some reason or another (usually vague), severed ties with him at that point, haven't had any contact with him since (again, at least a year or two ago).

Repeat as needed, until the press stops asking. Pray the subject isn't mentioned during campaign season.

Apologies for the jaded response, but I've lived with Chicago politics for the past 14 yrs.

'nuff said...
My family's from Chicago so I know what you mean. Tho that sort of thing happens about everwhere when as person is thrown under the bus if they're trouble even IF that same person is right.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2012, 08:58 AM
 
4,931 posts, read 2,205,603 times
Reputation: 3486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Wow, I don't feel any remorse for the shooter, but feel awful for those others he shot. I too hope the witness survives.
I'll second that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2012, 01:58 AM
 
Location: Scottsdale
272 posts, read 235,296 times
Reputation: 160
... and if you think Ready's "friends" were trying to distance themselves from him earlier...

FBI: Ready was under investigation before shootings

...watch them run now.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top