Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 03:17 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,625,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeEveryone View Post
Thanks everyone. We chose the Hotel Highland at Biltmore. Reviews and location look good. I remembered everyone said to stay as central as possible. Maybe in a future trip we will stay at the Biltmore or at one of the ones we considered in Scottsdale. For now, we don't plan on spending a lot of time in the room or on the grounds so this seemed like a logical choice at a decent price.
Should be a fun trip, personally I would have avoided the higher end places just because they'll nick you for Internet, parking, breakfast, resort fees, etc. but a vacation is a good excuse to splurge a bit, and I doubt you payed much more than you would by walking up to a "value" hotel without a reservation.

Be sure and update the thread after you stay there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 04:16 PM

19 posts, read 30,459 times
priceline.com is the way savvy travelers like myself stay at 4 star properties for a 2 star price...especially when visiting AZ in the summer when vacancies are high....have stayed downtown phoenix at the grand hyatt for as little as $69 per night....do your homework and educate yourself by visiting the biddingfortravel.com forums and you will never book at hotel the old fashioned way again.... good luck

Old 05-13-2012, 06:50 AM

214 posts, read 398,981 times
Actually, we got a pretty good rate, I think. For 7 nights, under $700 with tax. We got AAA discount. The breakfast (if it's bad there's plenty options within walking distance), the parking, and wireless internet is included. No resort fee, like all the others in the area.

I think the smallest room we ever had was in the Charleston SC historic district, and we were not in the room that long, so it was fine. Clean is the most important to me.

And yes, I will post some sort of trip report, (lol, I know it ain't Vegas), when I get back. I appreciate all your help.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,028 times
I know you already booked your hotel, but +1 for Chaparral Suites. They usually have $99/night during the summer with a $50 restaurant credit. Plus free buffet type breakfast and free evening drink reception. We live in the valley, but we stay there a night or two every summer. Very family friendly place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area