U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-12-2012, 10:29 AM

2,989 posts, read 2,909,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Might be a good excuse to meet your neighbors...
I.e.," there's a blood trail that ends at your house, are you guys all ok?"

In this kind of situation, if the dogs were yours, I suspect you would want people to talk to you, and not behind your back. There's probably more to the story if the dogs are still there.

If you're worried about your safety in the neighborhood, a glock is what the police use for vicious dogs. Strap one on for your evening walks - I hear they work for vicious two-legged creatures as well.
Well, meeting the neighbors isn't an option as they don't speak english. I attempted to introduce myself when they first moved in and they just said they don't speak english and walked away. They do have a 10 year old that speaks english but I'm not going to approach a child to inquire.

As far as carrying a glock, I'm more concerned for my daughter who plays outside on a regular basis with her friends where a Glock isn't an option. I protect myself on my evening walks though.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 AM

Ok, bit of an update...

I placed another call to the PD this morning and this time a helpful gentleman answered and not the woman that had answered the two previous calls. He, also didn't want to give me any information BUT did give me a case number for Maricopa Animal Control and said I would have to get the information from them. He said the two police cars that were dispatched were assisting animal control and it was their case so I needed to talk to them.

He did confirm that two pitbulls attacked a person but said anything else would have to come from animal control. So I'll have to call animal control on Monday but do have a case number now A12-014097 which occurred on 4/25.

Thanks for all the advice.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:24 AM

1,066 posts, read 621,837 times
Many times, the people on the phone don't know all the specifics of an incident, and even if they did, it may still be an active investigation, which they can't comment on too much anyway until everything is concluded.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:01 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,434,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Well, meeting the neighbors isn't an option as they don't speak english. I attempted to introduce myself when they first moved in and they just said they don't speak english and walked away. They do have a 10 year old that speaks english but I'm not going to approach a child to inquire.

As far as carrying a glock, I'm more concerned for my daughter who plays outside on a regular basis with her friends where a Glock isn't an option. I protect myself on my evening walks though.
I personally would nix the unsupervised play out front until I got the details and felt comfortable the 'still home' pits weren't at fault. The kids can play in the back, in the house, or out front when I could watch. Or in view of a window that I'm on the other side of.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:31 AM

6,043 posts, read 5,625,929 times
I can't get past the part where you saw all this blood, in two separate places, but didn't call911? You called the non emergency phone number??? I find that baffling.

ReadyFreddy has given you some good advice for the shorterm. Longter., I'd learn enough of whatever language the neighbors speak to say hello, goodby, how are you, how are the kids, and are your dogs tied up.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:44 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,649 posts, read 11,731,853 times
What surprises me in this whole thing is they let the blood sit. Every place I've ever lived they'd call out the FD and have them wash it down. For one thing it's a potential bio hazard.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:19 AM

1,232 posts, read 1,434,616 times
Good point. That makes me wonder if it's dog blood. That's probably not likely to be a human virus carrier.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:25 AM

772 posts, read 650,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discovery1 View Post
For the safety of our children i would call PD, City Hall, HOA again and again until someone get to the bottom of it.
I would put the electronics fence on as well as prepare a good baseball bat out front.
electronic fence?

Old 05-13-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I can't get past the part where you saw all this blood, in two separate places, but didn't call911? You called the non emergency phone number??? I find that baffling.

ReadyFreddy has given you some good advice for the shorterm. Longter., I'd learn enough of whatever language the neighbors speak to say hello, goodby, how are you, how are the kids, and are your dogs tied up.
First, it wasn't in two spots it was a blood trail that went on for a block, so much more than "two separate places". Second, seeing blood, where I don't know the source, is not a reason to call 911 and I find it funny that you are "baffled". Could have been a dog hit by a car, or even a person that was shot earlier in the day and the ambulance has already came and treated the person and taken them to the hospital, OR a dog attack from earlier in the day that has long since been resloved. Seeing blood on a sidewalk, regardless of the amount or source, is NOT AN EMERGENCY unless there is some other reason to make you think it may be (seeing a body laying in the ditch, etc.). Certainly worthy of calling the Police Departments 24 hour non emergency number and reporting though.

Lastly, I will not "learn enough of whatever language my neighbors speak" as I live in the United States where the language spoken is english so there is no need for me to take foreign language classes to get by. I have neighbors that speak spanish, neighbors that speak tagalog and neighbors from India that speak hindi and I'm not about to spend all my free time learning languages so I can converse with my distant neighbors. Now when I lived in Japan I learned Japanese so I could get by and converse with those around me since I was in their country.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyFreddy View Post
Good point. That makes me wonder if it's dog blood. That's probably not likely to be a human virus carrier.
I'm wondering if this may be part of the reason the PD is so tight lipped on the subject. I'm wondering if the dog had to be shot or something and they don't want to let those details out for whatever reason (maybe to avoid a bunch of press coverage or in case of future litigation by the owners against the PD)?

I'll know more tomorrow when I get to call county animal control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area