Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 12:36 AM

453 posts, read 1,628,197 times

Advertisements

yes, I did, but I am scared to death after what he put me through and don't know where to go with this. I called the chief of police but have not heard back from him yet. Does this happen often? I can't imagine being a kid and this happening to them like it did me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 04:18 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
I was coming home from work after working 16 hours, he was very, very nasty and intimidating to me, he made me get out of the car to tell me he was one of the 1% in AZ who have been trained to detect drug use in a person. I almost peed my pants, I had my uniform on and am 57 years old. He asked me why my eyes were darting, said it was a sign of meth use, I told him I was scared, he said stick out your tongue which I did and after drinking coffee for 16 hours, he told me that my taste buds were gone. I didn't know wether to laugh at him, cry or what to do. Granted, I was probably doing 34 but I was so scared that I literally almost had a heart attack, I fainted hitting my head on the pavement, when I woke up, one cop said I was out almost 2 minutes, an ambulance was there taking me to the hospital. About an hour after being in the hospital this cop came and said to me, I don't know why you were so nervous, I wasn't going to arrest you anyway. Can you believe it? I am a single woman driving home from work. I have a concouscion, my neck is killing me, he towed my car and it cost me $129 to get out of impound and I won't tell you how much in lost wages the next day. Now some of you will think I am telling a tall tale here but I swear on my mother's grave this just happened to me last Friday night.
Unfortunately, I totally believe you. I say unfortunately because the police are supposed to serve and protect, not harass innocent people. I hope your case gets dismissed.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:48 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
If you have reached 57 and never been harassed by the police before, then you should consider yourself lucky! After all, they did not club you, or tase you, or plant dope on you, or shoot you like they do. You will find, if you pursue this, that cops lie and cover up for each other. The school zone speed did not apply at 2am, so they will say instead that you were weaving and driving erratically as the probable cause for a stop. Without a witness, you have no chance against them. Chalk it up to a life experience, and like I said, be grateful this is the first and only time. IF it happens again, you will be better prepared for it because of this experience and will manage much better. People of color will tell you this kind of stuff happens to them all the time. They get used to it.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:07 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,132,405 times
Quote:
The school zone speed did not apply at 2am, so they will say instead that you were weaving and driving erratically as the probable cause for a stop.
Not to defend the cops, because I think a lot of them do have power issues, but the poster WAS speeding by going 34mph in a 25. I'm not saying she deserved what she got, but she deserved to be stopped and is probably lucky she wasn't cited.

The most he could've done was bring you in for a drug test, not beat you and toss you in a Turkish prison for 10 years. Next time you're pulled over, try not to overreact, even if the cop's a grade-A dick. If a 16 hour shift is too much to drive after, get a ride home. Maybe less coffee would be helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area