Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 12:29 PM

33 posts, read 70,665 times

Advertisements

First this board has been very help in making my move to Phx, I need another piece of wise advise from you all. I know Estrella is way out and about 40 mile to my works, But this community has all I was looking for. I always believed " Work where you have too, Live where you want too". Should I go ahead and rent in Estrella or I will get tired of the commute. Plus kids in high school so changing location every year not feasible too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 01:12 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
An eighty mile per day commute will take a lot out of you in terms of money and time spent with your family. Mine is less than half that in distance, and I get tired of it at times. But, I have the option of mass transit when I want to, which you would not have.

I understand about "living where you want to" but sometimes reality just weighs against that too much.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:18 PM

681 posts, read 1,560,431 times
If you haven't already, I would at least take a look at the communities closer to Happy Valley... MANY very nice communities that offer pretty much everything Estrella does. Also - lots of decent schools in the NW/North Central part of the valley.
Anthem, Vistancia, Tramonto (as someone else suggested on your other thread about commute times)... as well as other nice communities which may not have all of the HOA provided amenities that Estrella offers but are beautiful (IMHO) like Stetson Valley, Terramar, Sonoran Mountain Ranch, Arrowhead, etc.

Good luck in your search!

Old 06-06-2012, 01:22 PM

131 posts, read 344,809 times
Yeah I am 34 miles from work (Mesa to North Phoenix) and am moving to a more central area (Scottsdale) so that I cut my commute, plus if I one day decide to move to another job I will still be in a good location to get there. You have to remember to include traffic, gas, car wear and tear and your sanity when picking where you live. The 34 miles I have to drive can take me from 35 minutes to an hour depending on traffic plus since I drive a truck I am pumping out 90 dollars every 4 or 5 days. I did however get on a vanpool through work so I only pay 25 dollars a month, the trade off is that I wake up at 4:30am, get on the van at 5am and dont get home in the afternoon until 4:45pm.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:31 PM

7 posts, read 9,322 times
Anthem is a fabulous family oriented community. Meticulously maintained. I live here and love it. I understand the emotional gut feeling one gets when when they first get "up the hill" at Estrella, but trust me when I say Anthem will not disappoint and you can definitely see your $80+ HOA dollars at work. Good luck.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:45 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times
Lots of nice communities mentioned that we also looked at in detail but I certainly understand why you fell in love with Estrella....it has that "something" that we found irresistible.

We also feel the HOA monthly dues in the $80's per month are very reasonable for what's offered and they do a nice job in keeping everything well maintained.

Have you considered renting in Estrella for a spell to see how the commute works for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area