Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 04:18 PM

344 posts, read 812,538 times

Advertisements

Basically the mild "monsoon" here in Phoenix is just the kind of tropical summer weather pattern most of the rest of the continent gets. The weather at this time oscillates between monsoon/humid/afternoon n evening showers for a few days (right now) then back to dry/hotter desert conditions for a few days.

Yesterday Thursday was possibly the most humid day I've experienced here, something like being down south. The humid weather generally means lower temps and I do notice that difference at nights, which are more reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 07:17 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,962,707 times
How can people seriously think Phoenix is more comfortable than the Northeast? Humidity sure, but Phoenix actually gets humid too.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:06 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,889,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
How can people seriously think Phoenix is more comfortable than the Northeast? Humidity sure, but Phoenix actually gets humid too.
Not like there. I've lived in PHX all my life and I've never sweat as bad as I did when I was in Massachusetts in the summer when it was around 87 degrees.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:10 PM

52 posts, read 96,656 times
Perhaps it's individual tolerance? Some people like sour tastes, others do not. Some like cutting a lawn, others prefer to live where that is done for them. There's no real way to tell how someone will like or tolerate the climate of another region unless that person spends some time there and finds out first hand. IMO, to ask a question like this defies a correct and acceptable answer.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:35 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post

Reviving a two year old thread to state the obvious. Plenty of more recent weather/climate threads here already.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:22 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
Not like there. I've lived in PHX all my life and I've never sweat as bad as I did when I was in Massachusetts in the summer when it was around 87 degrees.
Heres where I would disagree with you. While I do favor dry air FAR more than humid air, its gets just as nasty here as anything out in the NE. Last night I walked down to CVS, a short 3 block jaunt on foot. I got home and was absolutely dripping in sweat. I was working in the kitchen with Channel 3 news on in the background, when the weather came on. I stopped what I was doing to see what we had coming (rain-wise), and at 9:45PM last night it was 85 degrees, with 68% humidity, and a ridiculous 70-degree dew point. AHA! Thats why I was soaked in sweat. And there have been far too many days and nights here in July/August this year that were just like that. Its been an awful, humid, mosquito-infested piece of crap summer, IMO. I have neighbors from back east who I talk to frequently, who are all complaining, too, so its not just me.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:54 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
All this is a strictly personal thing with each individual. There's really no "agree" or "disagree", no right or wrong answer. No one can predict for anyone else whether they will tolerate the weather/climate here any better than they tolerate it where they are now. We have dozens of these threads all basically coming down to the same thing. No one can answer for anyone else, and everyone's answer is right, for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: