Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 12:34 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,696,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitagreatday View Post
I have not read all the posts, OP, but believe that your happiness, well-being, and general safety is all relative to the type of neighborhood and community you choose. We were fortunate that my husband researched extensively and for desert living....Fountain Hills is the ONLY city we would feel safe and thoroughly enjoy our community. (Yes, I know I will get alot of flack for saying that but for us, the small town atmosphere next to Scottsdale for major shopping is perfect.)

We love it here but do miss our MI lakes and greenery from time to time. It is so quiet at night it is unbelievable and I enjoy seeing the city lights twinkle on the horizon over the ridge down the mountain in the evenings. I used to be an RT and do believe you will find work here and ample job opportunity in the medical field with the vast array of facilities in the Valley area. Our next door neighbors hail from WI and frequent the Saquaro(?) lake when they yearn for water sports.

It sounds like some change will do you good, OP, and your aunt is willing to open her home to give you and your husband a chance for change. I must say I love boasting to family back in the midwest of wearing flip-flops and sundresses almost all winter.... Good Luck and your aunt will be a wealth of information as a local!
Fountain Hills most definitely is one of the nicest places to live in the area. However, I doubt the OP's budget would allow a rental there. Very few rentals available there and rightfully so(unless it's $2000/mth). People like their "seperation" from the rest of The Valley and generally keep a low profile. Which is why they have no real streetlights and you'd barely know there is a large town if you drive by at night on The Beeline. They have the best views of Four Peaks and access to Saguaro like no other place in The Valley. The one negative is I DO NOT enjoy driving on Shea. One of the most annoying roads with lights and traffic. I avoid it at all costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 PM

464 posts, read 829,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
Fountain Hills most definitely is one of the nicest places to live in the area. However, I doubt the OP's budget would allow a rental there. Very few rentals available there and rightfully so(unless it's $2000/mth). People like their "seperation" from the rest of The Valley and generally keep a low profile. Which is why they have no real streetlights and you'd barely know there is a large town if you drive by at night on The Beeline. They have the best views of Four Peaks and access to Saguaro like no other place in The Valley. The one negative is I DO NOT enjoy driving on Shea. One of the most annoying roads with lights and traffic. I avoid it at all costs.
I chuckled at this one as I don't believe separation is what people seek when choosing FH. The no streetlights thing means that we enjoy those oh-so-starry nights to the max. Rentals...yes, they are probably on the pricey side here. My brother-in-law found some nice rentals for $800-1000 in Scottsdale, which is more to his speed for nightlife. Us...well, we fully enjoy the serenity here.

Hey, speaking of driving on Shea....I'll start another thread on that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area