Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 04:51 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,268,921 times

Advertisements

Shiphead, where was that 3rd photo taken? That is gorgeous!

I've lived in various parts of the Phoenix Metro area for 23+ years now; originally from California, and now thinking of relocating to Alaska! I liked California (lived both coastal and inland, and on a mountain for a year) and I like Arizona or I wouldn't have stayed. Every place is a tradeoff, that's for sure.

Good luck to all who are looking to relocate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 07:12 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,696,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Sorry, what is Ni? There are beautiful areas of AZ. I would even Argue that the area of the Ponderosa pines forests that cover the southwest are more vast than the lush fir forests of the Pac NW. and Yes they are spectacular. HOWEVER, I live in gilbert, and those forest are more than a quick little drive, where as Salem, portland, Seattle or whatever in Western Wa is smack in the middle of those forest settings. I have to wait for a day off, gas up my car and take a day trip to see that stuff. As far as the squirrels, my wife made me drive to Prescott to see a few,as she missed feeding them peanuts. NOPE Arizona has it all in my opinion. It has a little of everthing...Just want to work in the same place that I want to play.
If you worked from home you could

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs123 View Post
Shiphead, where was that 3rd photo taken? That is gorgeous!
The photographer stated oak creek.

Please don't do stupid crap like use tracers or incendiary ammo in our forests please. We get floods like this in Alpine and that black stuff is charred forest.

but there are no forests in AZ... shhhh

Sitgreaves national forest

Last edited by shiphead; 06-13-2013 at 07:22 PM..

Old 06-13-2013, 07:17 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,329,443 times
I currently live between both Salem and Phoenix or Sunsites. I have found if you are not happy where you are, you won't be much happier where you go. I like both about the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area