U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 08-13-2012, 06:53 PM

2,589 posts, read 2,543,157 times
The symptoms you stated all sound like me, when I have a sinus infection. Upset stomach. headache. BIG lack of energy. sneezing. some nausea from gunk in my head. just basically miserable. I cough at night. I don't run a fever cause I usually have a low temp normally. But, it is something that is not easy to get rid of and can last a few weeks. JMHO
Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-17-2012, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 423 times
My family has taken turns having this too. It's awful. And contagious, our friends that visited from Ok took it back with them. Lasts for weeks.

Unread 09-17-2012, 01:45 PM

982 posts, read 804,734 times
No doubt about it, there is definitely something going around. I teach at a local community college and half my class was absent due to illness. I myself have been wrestling off and on with it as well. Drink plenty of water and rest as often as possible.

Unread 09-17-2012, 05:53 PM

83 posts, read 53,631 times
Weve had two bad little weather systems that last two fridays, was it then or saturday you noticed it starting? Thats where I think mine came from.

Unread 09-17-2012, 06:04 PM

741 posts, read 438,252 times
I live in Queen Creek too, and yes, something is going around that has the symptoms that you are suffering.. My 21 year old son actually has had the "virus" for over a week now and ended up having double ear infections now.. MY 20 year old daughter and her fiance have been sick for a couple of weeks , her fiance missed several days of work due to the illness. My other 4 kids are fine and luckily they are in online school from home, so they aren't slammed with germs every day!

PS Everyone should get the whooping cough (pertussis) vaccine--even adults--as this illness is an epidemic and it is killing babies !!

My 11 year old son just got that shot (pertussis AKA whooping cough) a month ago and had no reaction at all..and he is not sick at all..

Unread 09-17-2012, 11:56 PM

580 posts, read 382,091 times
I must not have properly submitted my reply on this thread earlier...
Even now some of my family is still coughing and we attribute it to something going around the area as well as allergies, air pollution and the former home owners excessive cigarette smoking(there was evidence of cigarette smoking on the appraisal but it must have been doused before a showing). I really kicked up managing my son's asthma/allergy treatment and he is doing much better, which is awesome because he is the most important!
I moved here from Houston recently and was expecting the air quality and allergies to be MUCH better in AZ - wrong! Weird because Houston and TX in general pump out so much crud from the oil industry!
We are also in the midst of putting wood flooring in so that will help with allergies, dust mites, dust...oh yeah the dust, what more can I say? The dust!

Unread 09-18-2012, 10:14 AM

33 posts, read 40,263 times
Default SAD >> Seasonally Affected Disorder

Just thought I would toss my experience into the mix.

We used to live south of Seattle Wa, the dreary rainy place. Many people become very depressed because of the constant rain & gloomy skies. I was one of them.

So we figured the "valley of the sun" aka Phoenix would solve all of this

NOT SO.

Come July I started losing drive, I planned things but never carried thru. I could sit in front of my computer & "dream". When I was seeing the doc for another matter I talked to him about my blahs.

Yep people in the valley of the sun can get the "SAD" issue too. The constant unchanging sun & hot weather, only going out in the early morning, cabin fever, etc

And it's not just new comers. As I was coming down from the doctors office I chatted with a Lady who has lived here all her life 60+ years & she has the same experience.

Oh well it is great 9 months of the year.

Last edited by Davidcee; 09-18-2012 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Add notify

Unread 09-19-2012, 07:50 AM

15,172 posts, read 17,272,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidcee View Post
Just thought I would toss my experience into the mix.

We used to live south of Seattle Wa, the dreary rainy place. Many people become very depressed because of the constant rain & gloomy skies. I was one of them.

So we figured the "valley of the sun" aka Phoenix would solve all of this

NOT SO.

Come July I started losing drive, I planned things but never carried thru. I could sit in front of my computer & "dream". When I was seeing the doc for another matter I talked to him about my blahs.

Yep people in the valley of the sun can get the "SAD" issue too. The constant unchanging sun & hot weather, only going out in the early morning, cabin fever, etc

And it's not just new comers. As I was coming down from the doctors office I chatted with a Lady who has lived here all her life 60+ years & she has the same experience.

Oh well it is great 9 months of the year.
The difference though is that it is psychological versus physiological. People who sit in the house and b**** about the weather in summer deserve to be sad. If they get off their duffs there is plenty to do. When I was younger I played in volleyball leagues, went bowling, was on a mens softball team for a time - all of this in the summer nights after work. I went to happy hours and danced a bit after work on Wednesdays, did a little karaoke, and belonged to a couple of clubs and took self interest courses like cooking and welding at community college. We went camping or exploring AZ every weekend, often to Apache Lake. The summers flew by. SADly, as I have become older, I do less and less and lay around and complain about the heat. That does make for a much longer and more grueling summer I have noticed. I have resolved to change. Next year!

Unread 09-20-2012, 09:15 PM

188 posts, read 136,960 times
Its probably just a virus. Very few places here have mold problems. You need a constant supply of water or moisture to have a mold issue. Its very dry out here and we have terrible air quality between the dust and pollution which can irritate mucus membranes.

Unread 09-20-2012, 11:39 PM

580 posts, read 382,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The difference though is that it is psychological versus physiological. People who sit in the house and b**** about the weather in summer deserve to be sad. If they get off their duffs there is plenty to do. When I was younger I played in volleyball leagues, went bowling, was on a mens softball team for a time - all of this in the summer nights after work. I went to happy hours and danced a bit after work on Wednesdays, did a little karaoke, and belonged to a couple of clubs and took self interest courses like cooking and welding at community college. We went camping or exploring AZ every weekend, often to Apache Lake. The summers flew by. SADly, as I have become older, I do less and less and lay around and complain about the heat. That does make for a much longer and more grueling summer I have noticed. I have resolved to change. Next year!
lol! maybe next year? funny. i used to have endless amounts of energy too but now i find myself looking forward to watching "the voice" at night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area