Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:56 PM

919 posts, read 3,394,539 times

Advertisements

CL is still a prime avenue and most familiar to many people.

I've learned to simply accept the riff raff replies and delete responses from people who don't take the time to read but still respond to ads. Many are simply asshats. Or the bored. Or meddelers. I've been trying to sell a high end mattress, for example, and I get emails from moms of new brides, telling me to work with them and wait for the kids to call. They don't . I know the mom's mean well, but the kid needs to step up if they want to step up the sleeping situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 07:05 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Sometimes its not about the crredit score, its about the rental history. An eviction should be the red flag, not a bankruptcy. A person may have a low score but great references or rental history, and most landlords look for that, not scores.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:22 PM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow91 View Post
Jagsterr
let me tell you something about low credit scores, bankruptcy buddy....thank your lucky stars it has never happened to you. I am a single mother, not by choice, but by death of my spouse, he had no insurance when he died because the company he worked for for over 25 years laid everyone off. I have a 16 year old and we were left with much debt after my spouse died. I did the best I could paying what I could, losing my home, having to sell it before foreclosure. Now when I try to rent something decent for the both of us, guess what? Low credit scores, can't rent to you. People like you make me sick, we are not all bad, just some unfortunate events that have placed us here.
I'm sorry to hear about your tough situation. I have worked with a couple of renters who fell on hard times and had credit problems as a result. My suggestion to them was to write a letter explaining their situation and sending it to all 3 credit bureaus. When someone checks your credit the credit bureau must also include a copy of this letter with your credit report to the inquiring creditor. I'm not saying it will get you what you need but sometimes it does help. I had one renter that was looking to relocate here and there was an incidence in her life that caused her family to file for bankruptcy and their house being foreclosed on. I suggested that she write a general letter about her circumstances and include it with her rental application. It actually helped her to rent a nice house on the North Phoenix/Scottsdale border. So not all landlords are uncaring and not all renters have bad credit because they don't care to pay their bills. I think you were a little harsh on Jagsterr in that all that is wanted is someone who will simply pay the rent in full and on time. I don't think he was being unreasonable in not considering people with low credit scores and bankruptcy and I don't think he was directing his remark at you. I really hope things will get better for you soon.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:53 PM

65 posts, read 87,999 times
I am in the market for a rental, I may be interested, can you PM me with details?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:57 AM

3 posts, read 5,595 times
I have rented 3 homes on www.rentme-az.com. They rented quickly and the ads cost me $39.00. I had alot of interest and calls. The price of the ads was worth not having to pay the mortgages! I have tried all the free sites but you get what you pay for! good luck

Old 09-06-2008, 08:16 AM

132 posts, read 592,838 times
i agree with shadow91. most people who have bad credit and bankcruptcy had unfortunate circumstances. I hear a lot of these stories to good people. I would screen u r applicants and maybe ask for 2-3 months rent for security deposit.

have a heart & rent your place for the ones who are less fortunate who are able and willing to pay

Old 09-06-2008, 05:44 PM

682 posts, read 2,565,897 times
I agree with those who suggest using a Realtor, especially since you live in California. I would not rent from an out of state owner because if anything goes wrong with the house I want someone local to come over and fix what is broken and not have to work with someone who is not in the area.

A Realtor would qualify your renters and look after the house and they would be worth it, in my opinion.

altus2006 (who is not a Realtor)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: