Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 05:30 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times

Advertisements

Read about it here:
Best Places to Live 2012 - Money Magazine

In 2011, no Valley cities/towns made the list. However, this year, Gilbert made the list at #33, and Chandler made the list at #50.

I'm a little surprised that no West Valley cities made the list this year.

BTW, the list only includes cities/towns with a population between 50,000 and 300,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 07:07 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,977,501 times
That's not surprising I mean Chandler and Gilbert are fantastic areas. Great schools, great shopping, family friendly, and they offer something for all income levels. The cities are very clean for the most part. I just love the feel of the east valley minus Mesa. Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, and Scottsdale are my favorite areas in the Phx metro. Ahwatukee as well which gets clumped into the east valley. Don't single out all of the west valley though. Goodyear is a nice city and was named Most American City a couple years back. Other than that the East Valley remains more established. The west valley cities are still fairly new with the exception of Glendale, Litchfield Park and older parts of Peoria. I look for Goodyear and Surprise to make that list in the near future.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:24 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoyDJ View Post
That's not surprising I mean Chandler and Gilbert are fantastic areas. Great schools, great shopping, family friendly, and they offer something for all income levels. The cities are very clean for the most part. I just love the feel of the east valley minus Mesa. Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, and Scottsdale are my favorite areas in the Phx metro. Ahwatukee as well which gets clumped into the east valley. Don't single out all of the west valley though. Goodyear is a nice city and was named Most American City a couple years back. Other than that the East Valley remains more established. The west valley cities are still fairly new with the exception of Glendale, Litchfield Park and older parts of Peoria. I look for Goodyear and Surprise to make that list in the near future.
The last West Valley city to make the list was Peoria on the 2008 list.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:50 PM

60 posts, read 261,352 times
Money Best Places to Live 2011 only ranked small towns (less than 50K). Money used this same small town criteria in 2009. So neither Gilbert, nor Chandler, was eligible to be ranked in 2011.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area