Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 07:43 AM

741 posts, read 1,679,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyW View Post
Give it 20 years. You'll change your tune.

I can't wait for cooler temperatures. I drove up to Flagstaff Thursday morning and almost needed a jacket. It was great!
I would almost kill for a Flagstaff trip right about now!!! We have a lot going on and are moving soon so no extra funds for Flagstaff or our precious cabin in Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I have my boat @ L. Pleasant. My favorite lake is Apache, but trailering a boat into there is too rough on everything. Saguaro and Canyon have trout in winter so I usually try to get to one of those. Also Salt River has trout and is good when the tubers are gone.
Ahhh Lake Pleasant....I've camped there both dispersed and non...Was bombarded with wild donkeys in the middle of the night while camping there one time..they were hee-hawing all night!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
I'm weird. I look forward to all the seasons. I love the summers because I love being around water. I swim a lot and I'm on the lakes a LOT. Nothing like watching the sun come up on a beautiful desert lake.
The summers are hot, do denying that but there are many things to do to take advantage of the.
I also love the transition into and out of winter, not to mention winter itself. Beautiful warm sunny days and cool, crisp starlit evenings.
I like 'em all.
Nothing weird about that! I'm happy to see someone actually say that that we DO have seasons here! Yes, we do! They may not be the same as 4 seasons some place else, but they are 4 seasons!

Quote:
Me, too! That's the best time. I love the lighting and shadows this time of year.
I am terrified of lightening as I have almost been hit over 5 times! It has literally struck the ground just a few feet in front of me a few times! I think I have some sort of lightening rod in my skull or something that attracts it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Ohhhhhh! It's 67 degrees! I just opened all the windows and doors (finally) and shut off the a/c. WooHoo!

Of course, I'll close everything up and put the a/c back on later today, but it's so nice to let "fresh" air in and ventilate the house after it's been closed up for so many months.
Doesn't it feel oh--so--good!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 07:48 AM

741 posts, read 1,679,172 times
Quote:
I have my boat @ L. Pleasant. My favorite lake is Apache, but trailering a boat into there is too rough on everything. Saguaro and Canyon have trout in winter so I usually try to get to one of those. Also Salt River has trout and is good when the tubers are gone.
I forgot to mention that I love Apache Lake also.. I have taken many camping trips at Apache..I love the Apache Trail... We are hoping to get a few kayaks and start hitting these magnificent lakes since we haven't seemed to have time for the lakes in a few years !

Old 09-16-2012, 09:21 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
I didn't think this year was that bad at all actually. I can't believe how nice late Aug/early Sept have been. I feel fall is coming early but I don't want to predict as that might give us another heat increase. lol

Old 09-16-2012, 02:18 PM

800 posts, read 1,911,020 times
I always rue this time of year. Pool is already getting cold for my thin blood, and it's only mid-September. Usually it's warm enough for me for another month. Still hot in the afternoon, but getting out of the pool is like walking into a deep-freeze. Another month before the truly pleasant temperatures will likely hit when we can leave the windows open day and night.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:43 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,645,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Chris Webb View Post
I always rue this time of year. Pool is already getting cold for my thin blood, and it's only mid-September. Usually it's warm enough for me for another month. Still hot in the afternoon, but getting out of the pool is like walking into a deep-freeze. Another month before the truly pleasant temperatures will likely hit when we can leave the windows open day and night.
My pool temps are in the mid 80's still. The solar heaters and solar cover help though. lol.
I've had to run my solar heaters for a few hours each day and I finally put on the solar cover 2 nights ago.
In many ways, I'm sorry to see the higher temps leaving us but those 3 days we had at 117 were just a bit over the top even for me. lol.

Still these next few weeks look pretty good for swimming and going to the lakes.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:01 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,570,002 times
I was there in Clovis for some work 20 years ago. Very frightening weather. Drove several hours from Alburquerque after a frightening flight into Alburquerque during a thunderstorm. The pre-dusk sky looked very scary like I wondered if there was going to be a tornado or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Future Phoenix resident chiming in here.
I just got the kiss of death from a freak, 40 degree chill that passed through Clovis a few nights ago.
Everyone else was happy the 80/90 degree temps disappeared, I was in bed for the next few days.

Can't wait to get down there.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
My pool temps are in the mid 80's still. The solar heaters and solar cover help though. lol.
I've had to run my solar heaters for a few hours each day and I finally put on the solar cover 2 nights ago.
In many ways, I'm sorry to see the higher temps leaving us but those 3 days we had at 117 were just a bit over the top even for me. lol.

Still these next few weeks look pretty good for swimming and going to the lakes.
It got really hot there for a week or two but what really gets me is when the days stay over 100 into mid or late October. I feel free of that this year. At least so far. Phoenix is funny that way, we could push out another heat wave or two before Halloween.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:02 AM

3,819 posts, read 11,941,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
It got really hot there for a week or two but what really gets me is when the days stay over 100 into mid or late October. I feel free of that this year. At least so far. Phoenix is funny that way, we could push out another heat wave or two before Halloween.
Yea hopefully we get an October like last year, highest temp of the month was 100 and that was within the first week...we did have a variety of temps in the 90s but also in the 70s for a few days and lots of 80s as well. Night time temps ranged from high 50s to mid 70s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area