Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 07:22 PM

7 posts, read 13,599 times

Advertisements

Is this a trick question? They are all slow!!! But seriously I use the one in Chandler. Not as well known as the others and usually pretty quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 11:06 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fennec2009 View Post
I haven't had any bad experiences there, and after reading the description of the N Scottsdale one above, it is like 100x better than that! They have like 18 different windows (though they are not all always open) and there are different windows for different things, so the workers all seem to have specialties and can get stuff done pretty fast. I have never seen lines out the door, though there is sometimes a small line to get a number at the front desk. They also seem to have enough chairs so everyone has a place to sit down while waiting for their number to be called.
I agree, I've used the one in N Scottsdale a couple of times now for both a new license (moved to AZ 4 months ago) and registration and the wait hasn't been terrible and - in a totally new experience for me - the staff was friendly!

You haven't experienced slow and rude until you deal with the NJ DMV!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:24 AM

517 posts, read 1,703,935 times
My wife got a license promptly from one of the MVDs in Mesa. I don't recall the exact address though.

We got a vehicle registered by a company in Mesa called GG&D, at 1120 S. Country Club Dr. It was quiet in there and they got the job done very quickly.

I'm going to the MVD in Chandler today because I have to book a test for myself (unfortunately). I'll let you know how they are.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:27 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,599,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That MVD is good, the 1 on Larkspur off McClintock.
Yes, I was going to recommend this one. It's pretty quick and I've been there 2 or 3 times.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:40 PM

147 posts, read 327,599 times
Wherever you go, call first to make sure they're open, if it's anywhere near a holiday. Once I took a weekday off to devote to the MVD, and they were closed because a recent holiday fell on a weekend.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:54 PM

2,274 posts, read 3,073,826 times
I've only been to the one on Beck in Chandler. Wasn't too bad at all.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:53 PM

737 posts, read 1,148,318 times
Registering my car took 7 minutes in Surprise. It was on Bell in a shopping plaza. Getting my license down the road took 2 hours.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 PM

285 posts, read 904,334 times
Recently re-registered a '03 Mitz in the Glendale office. In and out in under 20 minutes.
By all means though, steer clear of 51 Ave and Indian School Rd location. If it can't be avoided, bring a book and a sandwich.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:26 AM

233 posts, read 445,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertskies View Post
By all means though, steer clear of 51 Ave and Indian School Rd location. If it can't be avoided, bring a book and a sandwich.

I have looked for that one a few times before and could not find it for the life of me when I lived out that way. I always got frustrated and drove to Avondale instead. Where is it hidden? All I could find was the place to pay your water bill in that area.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:22 AM

606 posts, read 1,605,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boolouwho View Post
I have looked for that one a few times before and could not find it for the life of me when I lived out that way. I always got frustrated and drove to Avondale instead. Where is it hidden? All I could find was the place to pay your water bill in that area.
It's behind the liquor store, which is right next to the Firestone Tire, which is all on the SE corner of 51st & Indian School. And yeah, it is a very slow location. My recommendation if you go there: Walk inside get a number, then walk back out and go to the liquor store, buy and drink a couple beers, then walk back in and see how much progress you have made towards your number. Then repeat.

Don't worry, I am just joking, well, sort of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area