Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 05:34 PM

117 posts, read 160,453 times

Advertisements

Where did you turn right that the traffic was able to go 60 mph without the cops pulling them over if they were right behind the SUV as you say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,995 times
I honestly think theres enough people in here telling you did wrong, when NOBODY ELSE in this thread knows what happened. I hope you realize you are inexperienced, but that doesnt mean you were wrong in this situation. Only you and (maybe not even) the officers know what happened.

If you want to fight it, your options (unless Im missing something) are;
* you can go to traffic school, and have this exsponged from your record. Youre still going to pay almost the same after fees and class costs (a few hundred bucks) but it wont be on your record (and I dont think theres any probational period to make sure you dont do it again). Traffic school might not even be available for this type of ticket, not sure. As far as insurance goes, it usually takes a few tickets (unless they are big time) before they up your rates.
* When you go on your court date; you will enter a plea (guilty, not guilty, or no contest). Guilty means hands down you did it, and want to do what you can to get this done quickly (this works great if you dont care about paying the several hundred dollar ticket). A plea of "no contest" (AFAIK) means you dont admit guilt, but you take responsibility. This works best for fix-it tickets, such as no registration or broken taillight, the ticketed problem can be fixed before your court date, and from there its usually either dismissed or reduced. The last option of "not guilty" means you want to fight it. What will happen is they will then set a new court date down the road, where the officer has to show up, and prove you were wrong. I cant say for all officers and locations, but my understanding, is most of the time they have more important things to do (USUALLY).

Either way, no matter what happens, whatever your choice is... The biggest problem you have starin' you in the face is having your license for 5 days. You could have been driving for 15 years, but that license screams "inexperienced" I would think that if you go to trial (either by judge or jury), as soon as 5 days becomes known, I think that will be the split second when your case will be decided.

The court date on your ticket; When you go, the judge you first see will just pass you on to someone else, unless you plead guilty, so losing money sucks, but its not that serious.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:41 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,333,043 times
With a five day old license, I wouldn't say "Nothing Serious". His insurnce company is going to look at a moving violation received within a week of getting a first license with a lot of scrutiny.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,995 times
possibly, they might even make funny faces while they do it, but I dont think they can/will do anything as far as rates go (all though all my experience with this comes from speeding, so I am just guessing).

Old 11-08-2012, 03:55 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
The last time the OP read these messages was on 11/5/12 (2 posts ever). You can see this by clicking on "view public profile". A persons IP address is logged even when lurking and not posting. In summary, I suspect peoples advice isn't being noticed.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:15 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,764,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
The last time the OP read these messages was on 11/5/12 (2 posts ever). You can see this by clicking on "view public profile". A persons IP address is logged even when lurking and not posting. In summary, I suspect peoples advice isn't being noticed.
Yup thats why I don't post in these type of threads I always check that, and noticed they logged off 6minutes after they made this post and never came back. That always makes me suspect of the OP's intentions with posts like this.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:01 PM

391 posts, read 787,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Kinda like a radio talk show host. Throw something out there that will get listeners all indignant and then watch the fun! When I see the OP has only one post, I think someones playing.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,333,043 times
He may be a little embaressed.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:59 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amethus View Post
Basically I was at a red light, stopped and made a right hand turn. The traffic that had the right of way was going about 60 miles per hour. ?
Q and A in one sentence.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area