Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 05:49 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,596,224 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a nice area of Arizona for a mixed race couple, one child will be going to college, looking at properties up to 350,00, work from home so no worry about commuting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 07:01 PM

937 posts, read 2,827,720 times
Need to be more specific on your likings and less specific about your race.

All depends on what you want to do. Is he going to ASU? Scottsdale Community College? More info please!

Old 10-11-2007, 07:56 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,919,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Need to be more specific on your likings and less specific about your race.

All depends on what you want to do. Is he going to ASU? Scottsdale Community College? More info please!
We have been a mixed couple for 25 years and haven't given it a second thought when moving anywhere. I didn't realize that was such a big deal. My kids don't even care either.

Anyway I agree, what school will they be going to is most important than the race thing.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:58 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,596,224 times
The post was not for me it is for a friend who is considering moving, hate to disagree but race is sometimes an issue here in the US when moving to an area you dont know much about.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:56 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,128,455 times
I think what people are saying is that race isn't as much of an issue here in Phx than in other parts of the country. We have lots of different people here. Very transient, even from many different countries.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,901,451 times
I agree that it wouldn't be much of an issue, but at the same time, you really don't see a lot of diversity here it seems. There are a lot of Whites (including from many other countries) and many Hispanics, but you really don't see many Asians or Blacks. Honestly, I don't even remember the last time I saw an Asian person (aside from workers at a sushi restaurant, etc.) or a black person, they both seem to be far and in between.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:42 AM

27,260 posts, read 27,321,853 times
Lol I just moved out of Az, came back home here to Calif.
Actually, mixed race couples arent uncommon anywhere, and I dont really know of anywhere I've lived, while in Az, I didnt see a mixed race couple. They really are great people to know.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:17 AM

54,482 posts, read 33,788,471 times
Mixed race... would that be something like combining NASCAR, NHRA, and Indy car races into one?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:02 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,697,616 times
LOL Magnum. I tried to rep you but I have to spread some around I guess.

If your friends want family friendly communities, then the following would be high on my list: Verrado located in Buckey, Estrella Mt. Ranch, Goodyear, and Vistancia, loctated in N. Peoria. We like the west side so these would all be over on this side of the divide. Other nice bedroom communities would be Sonoran Mt. Ranch, West Wing, Marley Park in Surprise. I think your price range would be fine for any of these. What type of ammenities? Vistancia is a true Master Planned Community, with retail/business centers within the boundaries. We also have a resort like pool with water slides. There is a walking trail that meanders through the development with natural gardens. Estrella Mt. has a fantastic lake that you can boat out on and fish. They also have walking trails and plenty of other things to do. Verrado has a little downtown core that is very charming. You can find just about all these on the internet. Here in Vistancia we do have quite a few "mixed" couples. I just met a very nice young woman from Lebanon.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:50 PM

611 posts, read 2,301,076 times
I agree that race isn't an issue in Phoenix. We have friends that are all different colors (oh, wait, I just remembered that children's song!....Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight....) We really do have friends here that are african american, japanese, white, hispanic, indian, etc.

I second Motleycrews's recommendations about the Master Planned Communities, as they are great neighborhoods to make new friends quickly.

Best wishes to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area