Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 01:58 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
I guess when criminals stop carrying automatic weapons we can de militarize our police departments, I will pass that on to the criminals in prison and told them you said so. Ask the Hollywood Bank Robbery shootout about how it turned out for them.

An exception doesn't make the rule, especially as we are seeing that as police stock up on their new toys, they basically have to justify their use so we see an increase in no-knock warrants, fully armed SWAT officers breaking into homes to serve a relatively minor arrest warrant, utilizing force that is completely disproportional to the situation at hand and we continue to see innocent people get shot or killed as a result of someone trying to play Black Ops, the real life version.

I could do without the police trying to justify building themselves into another branch of the military. You see small towns buying armored carriers, cops in Mayberry walking around, locked and loaded to the gills, it defies all common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 09:24 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,685,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
I guess when criminals stop carrying automatic weapons we can de militarize our police departments, I will pass that on to the criminals in prison and told them you said so. Ask the Hollywood Bank Robbery shootout about how it turned out for them.
criminals never carried automatic weapons as a matter of course - out of 1,000 guns used in crimes, about none are automatics. out of 10,000, you'll see 4 or 5 automatics, and the associated crime attached is usually making or posessing an automatic weapon - often at the request & direction of an ATF *paid* informant.

as for the hollywood shootout, I'd much rather see an event like that every 15 or 20 years, than see leo's running wild shooting innocents & burning down their houses *monthly* like we have now. Events like the Hollywood shootout don't happen in Az because we havent disarmed everyone like they have in Ca.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:13 AM

1,640 posts, read 2,656,768 times
Funny, the OP is from Atlanta and accusing Phoenix of being ghetto.

As someone who has lived in both Atlanta and Phoenix, I can assure you that Atlanta is 100x more ghetto in culture, attitude, vernacular, etc. than Phoenix or any other city in the Intermountain West. It's not even much of a contest, really.

Please, spare me.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:53 PM

299 posts, read 545,648 times
I once heard the 'copters sometimes are searching yards for marajuana.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:34 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Thanks to our police force for what they do!

Old 01-10-2015, 02:54 PM

557 posts, read 736,999 times
They do a great job Thx Phx PD

Old 01-10-2015, 03:10 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion6 View Post
In my area 85020 they fly pretty much throughout every day and every night. In the evenings they buzz by at least 3 times within a 2 hour period. Tired of these jagoffs! Wasting taxpayer money on fuel so they can have their fun. There is no reason to fly around THAT much. Not like we live in an area where people could be growing marijuana or something. It's the desert. As a business owner I plan to speak at City council on how ridiculous these fly by's are. They are excessive and I am quite sure VERY wasteful. I don't know what helo fuel costs these days, but I bet it isn't cheap.
Interesting approach, Scorpion . . . have you considered "Plan B"?

Personally, I'd greatly prefer "too many flyovers" vs none or not enough.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:07 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times
Where I used to live 7th street and Greenway Phoenix PD (firebird 1) flew over 20+ times a day. I have watched it fly to south Phoenix then back again to north Phoenix 10 minutes later then back again south. It buzzes around and around it's a big waste of money. The officers who fly it do a couple of circles and shine the light down at a traffic stop then move on again checking off another assist to pump the numbers. They used to train over lookout mountain until I complained the reason is if you look at controlled airspace has a tiny hole in it around lookout mountain. I suspect the primary pilot was allowing someone who had far less hours or was training to fly it because the turns did not look coordinated the tail would drag to one side and then the instructor would take over and do a couple of turns. I actually sold my home because of the Ghetto helicopter I was sick and tired of it I moved way out to north Scottsdale on 2 acres. I have a video somewhere I made need to edit it I will count the number of times it flew over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area