Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 10:40 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,457,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
I think a couple of us already said that Queen Creek is so far out. On most maps of the valley it's not even on them because it is so far out. The traffic is horrendous. Tell us whereabouts your husband will be working in phoenix and we can tell you how long of a drive it will be. It's not just the drive, it's also the drivers out here that don't make it any better. Road rage is very real and when you are sitting in bumper to bumper traffic your nerves give up. My friend recently drove out to QC on a Saturday afternoon, which she was told from a friend who lives out there that it takes about an hour, one wrong turn and it took them 2 hours to find her house. I know several people who moved out there because they'd get their dream home, but now they all want to move back to phx because the drive is not worth it.

I live 20 miles from work (close to downtown) and it takes me 35-45 mins to drive and I don't touch the freeways. QC is another 30+ miles in a worse direction than where I live (N. Glendale).

Plus, from QC the drive to OC would be farther as well.

Hope that helps. It gets enticing to look at nice homes for cheap, but real estate is about location, location, location. Resale out in QC may be difficult down the road, who knows.

This is true, lots of road rage too out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2006, 11:27 PM

68 posts, read 224,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
It's too far out and those schools are a mess over there, it's not worth it. Save yourself a headache.

Here are some subdivisions in the Desert Ridge school district.

Augusta Ranch
The Villages at Crimson Creek
Santa Rita Ranch
Mesquite Canyon
Eastridge
Boulder Creek
Lesuer Village
Sonoran Springs
Superstition Springs

Don't move to any of the subdivsions off of Elliot in between Signal butte and Ellsworth. They flood, we don't get much rain but when we do it floods. Plus the area is not great.
Thanks SO much for the subdivision suggestions....that is a HUGE help.! We have decided that Queen Creek probaby isn't the way to go, thanks to all of your input.
I did find out that my husband's work will be around "Valley View". I'm not sure where in Phoenix that is, but that's all we have to go on right now. If you are aware of that area, and can tell me where exactly in Phoenix that is, and how close we can move to that area, but still be safe, and within great school districts, that would be awesome. By the way, my son was impressed with Desert Ridge, and liked your comment A1m about he being able to play sports out there. We come from a high school of 600, where no one is cut from a team, so that was a concern for him.
Thanks again.!

Old 10-02-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinFromUT View Post
Thanks SO much for the subdivision suggestions....that is a HUGE help.! We have decided that Queen Creek probaby isn't the way to go, thanks to all of your input.
I did find out that my husband's work will be around "Valley View". I'm not sure where in Phoenix that is, but that's all we have to go on right now. If you are aware of that area, and can tell me where exactly in Phoenix that is, and how close we can move to that area, but still be safe, and within great school districts, that would be awesome. By the way, my son was impressed with Desert Ridge, and liked your comment A1m about he being able to play sports out there. We come from a high school of 600, where no one is cut from a team, so that was a concern for him.
Thanks again.!

Valley View hmmmmm the only Valley View I know is in Vegas. I've never heard of that in Phoenix.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:01 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,986,177 times
Valley View is a start.. It sounds like the name of some business park or something. It would still be great if you could eventually find out an address.

I stick with my Peoria suggestion. One of the better school districts, some very nice neighborhoods. Family friendly.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyW View Post
Valley View is a start.. It sounds like the name of some business park or something. It would still be great if you could eventually find out an address.

I stick with my Peoria suggestion. One of the better school districts, some very nice neighborhoods. Family friendly.
I agree I usually don't get much support when I say Peoria Schools are good. My kids went there when we lived in Glendale and I thought they were excellent.

Of course I plug Gilbert schools now also

Old 10-02-2006, 08:36 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,131,497 times
Valley View? Never heard of that. Can you do a search on the internet of your hubbie's company to see where it is in Phx? That might help you out.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:32 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,986,177 times
I love google earth. Could it be any of these places? =/

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/nissanskyline1235/Valleyview.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-04-2006, 08:16 PM

68 posts, read 224,018 times
Hello,
Well, we did found out MUCH more. Hubby's main office will be in Chandler.! That made me SO happy. So, that does change things just a bit....as in...Peoria is off our list. I was looking at a gorgeous house in Florence. My question of course is....What do you think of Florence??
Thanks again.!

Old 10-04-2006, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinFromUT View Post
Hello,
Well, we did found out MUCH more. Hubby's main office will be in Chandler.! That made me SO happy. So, that does change things just a bit....as in...Peoria is off our list. I was looking at a gorgeous house in Florence. My question of course is....What do you think of Florence??
Thanks again.!
Too Far!!!!Consider Gilbert,East Mesa or Chandler.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:27 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,131,497 times
Default I say the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Too Far!!!!Consider Gilbert,East Mesa or Chandler.
I agree with these as well. IF you want or if your husband wants to commute really far than move out to nowhere. I can see that you are looking for a deal of a house and I don't blame you. But commuting sucks, it's just not worth it. Our congested traffic has a lot to do with people who live across town from their work. I read someone else say that most people live on the opposite side of town than where they work (I have done that numerous times!) If you live in glendale or surprise, then you'll find a good job in tempe, it never fails.

But here's your chance to live close to work by choice. Now that you know where he will be working you can find a home closer. It will make life much easier for everyone. In my house, my boyfriend and I both travel around 45 mins home from work in traffic and are drained, irritable, and tired when we get home, just from the drive. Plus, we are risking our lives with the crazy drivers out there. Some days I run across several times where I avoided an accident. I also worry almost everytime he leaves the house that he won't be coming back due to the reckless people on the road.

Did anybody see that driver off of I-17 two weeks ago who ran off something like 9 or 11 drivers off the freeway? People followed him home and the news helicopters were overhead following him home. That was one block from my house! I could see it all from my backyard. That's the crap I'm talking about.

So, my advice is to look for a nice neighborhood within a good distance to work and a good school system and call it a day. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area