Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM

149 posts, read 315,110 times

Advertisements

I'm responding to the original post...but I was stuck on a cruise ship FULL of Canadians (it was a country music cruise put together by some Canadian group---we had no idea we booked/didn't care)... Nicest people. They were in some ways too nice. We had a couple getting us tickets (so we didn't have to wait in line) and so on... Yeah...they do talk a lot! and they drink like fish, but rude? mean? Canadians? Never heard of such a thing...Maybe the heat has warped their brains?

Old 01-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
The only problem that Canadian snowbirds cause me is that retailers seem to end up with a lot of useless Canadian coins that they slip into your change. Every year at this time, I start to get a bunch of Canadian dimes and quarters, it is usually a day or two later before I notice.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:11 PM

654 posts, read 1,495,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The only problem that Canadian snowbirds cause me is that retailers seem to end up with a lot of useless Canadian coins that they slip into your change. Every year at this time, I start to get a bunch of Canadian dimes and quarters, it is usually a day or two later before I notice.

Useless? check the exchange rate ...you owe them. The lowly American dollar ain't the king anymore.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:22 PM

391 posts, read 787,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthinkso View Post
Useless? check the exchange rate ...you owe them. The lowly American dollar ain't the king anymore.
Thats rude. Dont poke the sleeping giant.

Last edited by mjd2k; 01-22-2013 at 07:40 PM..

Old 01-22-2013, 09:41 PM

606 posts, read 1,605,444 times
Quote:
LOL, that was awesome. By the time America wakes up and smells the coffee we will be somewhere between Mexico and Greece economically speaking.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 AM

617 posts, read 1,201,803 times
Quote:
And pretty soon the USD will be the emperor with no clothes.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:22 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Waiboi View Post
LOL, that was awesome. By the time America wakes up and smells the coffee we will be somewhere between Mexico and Greece economically speaking.
Hey, let's not turn my thread into some tea party rant fest! We're talking Canadians here. As for my Canadians, I don't know if the HOA got on them or what (I did not complain to the HOA), but they have become the model of good neighbors over the past few days correcting all their transgressions. Maybe they read this board???

Old 01-23-2013, 06:47 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Waiboi View Post
Canadians figured out a way to spend a lot more government debt than they take in too. See Canada's National Debt Clock : The Canadian Taxpayers Federation
They owe over $17,000 per person for every man, women, and child. The average USA citizen government debt use to be around $25K per person at the end of the GW Bush era. But now it is $54,000 per person. After all, we "had" to bail out the banks so they could pay off all of that bad housing debt that our stupid government bought.

Back to the thread topic. Ponderosa, the reason why your Canadian neighbors were partying is because the debt of the house they bought was more or less transferred to our USA debt clock. See U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time Personally, my government debt after the bank bailout raised around $30K per person on the debt clock (or $60K for my wife and I). But at least I gained $60K in fast appreciation from my place in Surprise. So while my steal-of-a-deal also got transferred to the debt clock, I broke even. Now you see why our family doesn't party as much as the Canadians... We just broke even! I KNEW I should have bought two homes in the Valley. If I did, people would be complaining about us American's partying it up over in Surprise!!

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 01-23-2013 at 07:00 AM..

Old 01-23-2013, 06:55 AM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Yeah that's the reason they were partying. That's reasonable to assume. Wow.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:58 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Canadians figured out a way to spend a lot more government debt than they take in too. See Canada's National Debt Clock : The Canadian Taxpayers Federation
They owe over $17,000 per person for every man, women, and child. The average USA citizen government debt use to be around $25K per person at the end of the GW Bush era. But now it is $54,000 per person. After all, we "had" to bail out the banks so they could pay off all of that bad housing debt that our stupid government bought.

Back to the thread topic. Ponderosa, the reason why your Canadian neighbors were partying is because the debt of the house they bought was more or less transferred to our USA debt clock. See U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time Personally, my government debt after the bank bailout raised around $30K per person on the debt clock (or $60K for my wife and I). But at least I gained $60K in fast appreciation from my place in Surprise. So while my steal-of-a-deal also got transferred to the debt clock, I broke even. Now you see why our family doesn't party as much as the Canadians... We just broke even!
Well, that explains it. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area