Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 12:32 PM

165 posts, read 404,859 times

Advertisements

We go almost every year and the traffic has never been an issue. I have never seen it backed up to AJ. At most, maybe 1/2 mile or less getting there. Even then, it still moves smooth, just slow.

The pricing is a bit steep, but, it is what it is. We enjoy lots of the shows and such there. It is a also a great place just to people watch. You see some interesting stuff there, for sure!!!

We plan on attending this year again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 02:46 PM

39,003 posts, read 50,987,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfpd View Post
We go almost every year and the traffic has never been an issue. I have never seen it backed up to AJ. At most, maybe 1/2 mile or less getting there. Even then, it still moves smooth, just slow.

The pricing is a bit steep, but, it is what it is. We enjoy lots of the shows and such there. It is a also a great place just to people watch. You see some interesting stuff there, for sure!!!

We plan on attending this year again.
Maybe I just had bad luck with the traffic. It took us an hour to get from AJ to the site and then the dust in the parking lot was choking and the cars were covered with it by the time we left. The Faire itself was boring and expensive. My experience is what it is and I will never go back.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:58 PM

504 posts, read 848,925 times
It's way more fun if you dress up and interact with the cast and crew

I know, I know, not everyone's in to that sort of thing, hehe

Old 02-13-2013, 03:14 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,277,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You have obviously never been to the event. Traffic backs up for miles and miles from the site all the way to Apache Junction and creeps along at 5 mph. I feel sorry for anyone who lives in Gold Canyon during the Faire. It must be a nightmare to get around. I've only been on weekends so maybe weekdays are easier.

Been there a dozen times. Sometimes I dress up (or down), others I don't. You just have to accept that it is not all about you and be patient.

It is a really great event and a ton of fun.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:28 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,476,939 times
How much does it cost to get into the state fair? Or the movie theater? We always bring munchies & leave them in the car, so there's no need to eat the food there unless we want to splurge. For me $20 per person for a day of people watching, outdoor entertainment, unique shopping experience & just plain old good clean fun is well worth it.

I bought my wedding globlets from one of the vendors; a skychair (omg soooo worth it); those rope sandals (they smell NASTY when wet); a billion tank tops; jewlery; shot glasses; bath soaps; blown glass things & I'm sure I've forgotten the many other items I've purchased from the various vendors over the years. I do my best to purchase at least 1 item each time I go, just doing my part to help the vendors

Old 02-14-2013, 04:26 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,277,199 times
Oh my, You must have a Turkey Leg. Leave the munchies at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area