Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 AM

117 posts, read 174,985 times

Advertisements

From North Phoenix to San Tan Valley, Verrado to Central Phoenix, after 22 years of living through dust storms, droughts, 120 degree weather, sub-zero winter nights in Anthem, endless carwashes to rinse the "brown", thousands of air filters in the house, dead batteries, blown radiator hoses, exploding fuses, trillions of anti-perspirant sticks, week-long coughing fits, scorpions, snakes, coyotes, the itchy Bermuda grass, beige winter groundcover, the burning hands when you touch anything outside from March through October, the haboobs, and of course, the illegal immigrants without insurance (I am an immigrant myself, albeit a legal one), it is time to say "goodbye, Phoenix".

It wasn't always so bad. It isn't very bad, actually, if you can deal with the above. I, however, no longer can. Thanks for the memories.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:01 AM

216 posts, read 589,699 times
Where are you headed? Good luck to you!

I still love it here but I haven't been here nearly 22 years...

Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 AM

432 posts, read 1,228,293 times
Interesting when we want to leave a place we can always find such fault. I hope where ever you move to that you are happy!

Old 02-18-2013, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive2Bgeeky View Post
Where are you headed? Good luck to you!

I still love it here but I haven't been here nearly 22 years...
Heading to Key Biscayne, Florida. Thanks!

Old 02-18-2013, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2M View Post
Interesting when we want to leave a place we can always find such fault. I hope where ever you move to that you are happy!
Thank you. I had a great childhood here, but now that I'm a father, I want my son to live better. Not unreasonable, I suppose.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:53 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfrontalex View Post
Heading to Key Biscayne, Florida. Thanks!
I'll write a note for you 22 years from now.

"From Key Biscayne to Coral Gables, to Little Havana, after 22 years of living through constant mid day rains, 90%+ humid summer days, endless car washes to rinse the thousands of bugs of my car, high home owners insurance, tolls galore, tornadoes, trillions of anti-perspirant sticks, wet shirts and towels that never dry, insane property taxes, quack grass that they call "grass", mold smelling houses, HUGE bugs like flying roaches or small ones like fire ants, sand galore inside the house, snakes, and of course, the illegal Cuban immigrants without insurance (I am an immigrant myself, albeit a legal one), it is time to say "goodbye, Miami".

It wasn't always so bad. It isn't very bad, actually, if you can deal with the above. I, however, no longer can. Thanks for the memories."

(All in fun.)

Old 02-18-2013, 07:10 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,777,192 times
Not many things to watch out for in Florida: Just rattlesnakes, coral snakes, water moccasins, copperheads, Jellyfish, Portuguese Man-o-war, Cone Snail, puffer fish, stone-fish, lion-fish, black widow and brown recluse spiders, crocodiles, alligators, hurricanes, and average 70-80% humidity

Have fun in Florida.

One more thing: In 2008 and 2009, Florida had the 3rd highest illegal population, with Arizona being in 7th place. And with the immigration law in AZ, many have fled to other states, probably including Florida.
Government Data Show Fewer Illegal Immigrants - US News and World Report

Oh, and another thing: It seems that in Florida, illegals get to vote, with about 180,000 non-residents registered

http://www.infowars.com/mass-illegal...n-florida-and-feds-dont-care/

But not to worry, there are pythons to take care of the alligators!

Python eats Alligator 02, Time Lapse Speed x6 - YouTube

Old 02-18-2013, 07:20 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,601,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I'll write a note for you 22 years from now.

"From Key Biscayne to Coral Gables, to Little Havana, after 22 years of living through constant mid day rains, 90%+ humid summer days, endless car washes to rinse the thousands of bugs of my car, high home owners insurance, tolls galore, tornadoes, trillions of anti-perspirant sticks, wet shirts and towels that never dry, insane property taxes, quack grass that they call "grass", mold smelling houses, HUGE bugs like flying roaches or small ones like fire ants, sand galore inside the house, snakes, and of course, the illegal Cuban immigrants without insurance (I am an immigrant myself, albeit a legal one), it is time to say "goodbye, Miami".

It wasn't always so bad. It isn't very bad, actually, if you can deal with the above. I, however, no longer can. Thanks for the memories."

(All in fun.)

I'm still kind of new on this site. Can I give you 10 +reps? Thanks for my smile today.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
We'll see you in a few years when you realize how good you had it.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:15 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,474,412 times
I've tried moving away from Arizona 3 times, hope you have better luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area