Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 05:52 PM

81 posts, read 214,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm sorry that your parents love being in Phoenix more than they love you. But that is no reason to come on a forum and be critical of the place.
The poster claimed Phoenix has cool summer days? When? Others claim Phoenix has nice winters. Clearly not. I guess you have to try to convince yourself that there is some reason you live there...

I am allowed to have a differing opinion. This is a forum after all...

Bless your heart.

Last edited by observer53; 02-21-2013 at 09:05 PM..

Old 02-21-2013, 06:16 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,627,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what??? View Post
Personal attacks? Classy. How am I critical about Phoenix? The poster claimed Phoenix has cool summer days? When? Others claim Phoenix has nice winters. Clearly not. I guess you have to try to convince yourself that there is some reason you live there...

Bless your heart.
Ouch.

Who knew weather could cause this much drama?

Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Cool days? What's that 98 degrees?

My parents live there and they certainly don't enjoy that kind of weather. I doubt the tourists enjoy it either.
Uh try 80's, there is something called a monsoon, but since you don't live here, you wouldn't know that.

. For the rest of us who are active, we do enjoy the amazing ski season at Snowbowl, Sunrise and Mt. Lemmon..

Quote:
Personal attacks? Classy. How am I critical about Phoenix? The poster claimed Phoenix has cool summer days? When? Others claim Phoenix has nice winters. Clearly not. I guess you have to try to convince yourself that there is some reason you live there...

Bless your heart.
You are allowed to have a differing opinion and we are allowed to remind you that your opinion is not an educated one and that's not a personal attack because it's true, you don't live and don't the area well. To claim we have bad winter weather because of this anomaly is assinine. It's as assinine as bragging about our summers being nice because we will have occasional summer months where there will be prolonged cooler weather.

Last edited by observer53; 02-21-2013 at 09:08 PM..

Old 02-21-2013, 08:56 PM

872 posts, read 998,915 times
People go to Florida for sunshine and mild winters but they are getting freezing temps and have gotten them before
Not to mention hurricanes, tornadoes and floods
So what? There's no such thing as paradise. Just cuz 1 day is different than what is normal doesn't mean you should freak out

Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
The weather yesterday was highly unusual. In over fifty years here, I've never seen anything like it. This area DOES have nice winters. If It didn't, we wouldn't have the thousands of winter residents that have been coming here for decades. Are there winter storms? Sure, and it's a good thing, as we need the snow up north for the water supply. As far as the frost over several days a few weeks ago, that's not at all common either, as the local weather people explained.

We do have relatively cooler days, or parts of days, in the summer if we have a wet monsoon season. Not as many as we'd like, but they do happen. Temps over 110 do happen with varying frequency; 118 is not common but not unheard of by any means.

Now, let's tone down the bickering. The storm's over, and if the tone of this thread doesn't go back to where it started, this thread will be too.

Last edited by observer53; 02-21-2013 at 09:28 PM..

Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 PM

81 posts, read 214,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Uh try 80's, there is something called a monsoon, but since you don't live here, you wouldn't know that.

. For the rest of us who are active, we do enjoy the amazing ski season at Snowbowl, Sunrise and Mt. Lemmon..
Yes, the temperature falls into the 80s after being in the 100s most of the day. Please check the weather stats on the National Weather Service website and tell me how many summer days with a maximum temperature in the 80s Phoenix had last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
You are allowed to have a differing opinion and we are allowed to remind you that your opinion is not an educated one and that's not a personal attack because it's true, you don't live and don't the area well. To claim we have bad winter weather because of this anomaly is assinine. It's as assinine as bragging about our summers being nice because we will have occasional summer months where there will be prolonged cooler weather.
Claims a guy who thinks Phoenix has cool summer days... Enough said. Are you sure you live in Phoenix?

Old 02-22-2013, 06:25 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Yes, the temperature falls into the 80s after being in the 100s most of the day. Please check the weather stats on the National Weather Service website and tell me how many summer days with a maximum temperature in the 80s Phoenix had last year?

Claims a guy who thinks Phoenix has cool summer days... Enough said. Are you sure you live in Phoenix?

"Cooler" is a relative term.

Enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area