U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-23-2013, 09:11 PM

3,369 posts, read 4,187,203 times

Advertisements

I got a huge bump on my rentals.. I actually exceeded the fcv/lpv limit on both units. The assessments sure didnt go down as fast as they're going up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 12:07 AM

537 posts, read 691,723 times
My assessments are way up, too. Should I be happy about an improving economy or suspicious that they need help paying for that swell raise they just gave Betsey Bayless? Did Mary Rose get another big legal settlement against the county? Did Arpaio lose some more lawsuits? Is it all of the above? I also read that the county is looking at raising tax rates, too. As long as there are property taxes, you will never own your home.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:11 AM

892 posts, read 717,553 times
My limited value went up 10% (to $2000 below 2012 value) and my full cash 12.5% (back to 2012 value). Seemed steep until I looked at the past three years instead of just the past 2!

Old 02-24-2013, 08:43 AM

102 posts, read 83,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fennec2009 View Post
My limited value went up 10% (to $2000 below 2012 value) and my full cash 12.5% (back to 2012 value). Seemed steep until I looked at the past three years instead of just the past 2!
Anybody care to elaborate what the difference is between the FCV and LPV? Which one affects my property tax on my mortgage escrow account? Last year my FCV and LPV were the same at 145,700, now there is a 32,000 difference between the 2, FCV being 192,800 and LPV being 160,270.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 AM

17,573 posts, read 20,884,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedus View Post
Anybody care to elaborate what the difference is between the FCV and LPV? Which one affects my property tax on my mortgage escrow account? Last year my FCV and LPV were the same at 145,700, now there is a 32,000 difference between the 2, FCV being 192,800 and LPV being 160,270.
FCV is full cash and is the amount that certain taxes like special districts such as library and flood and improvement districts are based upon. The other is limited value and can rise a maximum of 10% per year. Taxes like county and city tax are figured on this one. Both will affect your taxes. But you can't determine what will happen to taxes based on assessed values. You have to know what the rates are and these won't be set until just before the tax year comes up. No doubt, they will go up, but likely not as much as the assessed value has.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:55 AM

15 posts, read 18,299 times
Hi Zippyman, sorry to ask you an off topic questions. Do you use property managers to manage your rentals? Are you happy with them?

Old 02-24-2013, 08:24 PM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,721 posts, read 11,903,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertspiritsteve View Post
My assessments are way up, too. Should I be happy about an improving economy or suspicious that they need help paying for that swell raise they just gave Betsey Bayless? Did Mary Rose get another big legal settlement against the county? Did Arpaio lose some more lawsuits? Is it all of the above? I also read that the county is looking at raising tax rates, too. As long as there are property taxes, you will never own your home.
And yet we get nothing new or better for the rise in taxes. Nope we either get more of the same or less maintained more of the same.

Got a prime example for you and this has got to be one of the top 10 dumbest waste of our money. Like every other subdivision there's street signs on every corner that are green with white letters. Well the other day the county crew was out on our corner bright and early taking the signs down which I thought strange so I went out and asked what was up. The guy kind of shrugged and said "see this sign" I said "yes" and he says "look at the sign on the other corner that we just replaced" which I did and he said "see that white border that goes around the edge of the sign?" Yes, I do. He then went on to say that they were going to every street corner to replace every sign that didn't have that white border so they'd all look the same.
He said it was boring,stupid tedious work but orders were orders, hope you like your new signs.
Your tax dollars at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area