U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 03-04-2013, 07:40 AM

15,238 posts, read 17,436,647 times
Default OK, it's March. When do the snowbirds leave?

I am so sick of following land yachts and out of state vehicles piloted by some anonymous gray head down the road. I want to go to a restaurant and not have to wait 45 minutes to be seated. And all those Canadians! Don't get me started on that one. I have never seen anything like this year's invasion, but they must be getting ready to leave soon. So when are they going home? How much longer do I have to wait to have my city and state back?

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:43 AM

340 posts, read 222,528 times
Mid-April is usually their limit. Once it creeps past 85 they're over it.

I have to say dealing with their drivers is a mess but I walk quite a bit to places from my house and seeing the snowbirds walking around and enjoying the weather is always nice. Plus they always say hello and are very friendly.

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:43 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,932,742 times
I barely notice them and I certainly don't get worked up about them. I will say, my in-laws left last week so two of them are out of the area.

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:54 AM

4,623 posts, read 1,913,828 times
I'd say end of March, early April like they said above. Pretty soon now it will be the laid back environment your craving. Warm and empty.
I enjoy my snowbird neighbors though, I'm fortunate, they are tidy and sweethearts. I live so far out now I don't notice traffic issues, but, I do remember it from being in town.

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:58 AM

491 posts, read 322,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am so sick of following land yachts and out of state vehicles piloted by some anonymous gray head down the road. I want to go to a restaurant and not have to wait 45 minutes to be seated. And all those Canadians! Don't get me started on that one. I have never seen anything like this year's invasion, but they must be getting ready to leave soon. So when are they going home? How much longer do I have to wait to have my city and state back?
Yeah, I'd much rather have a city full of mellon heads in huge pick up trucks or cherry bomb mufflered Hondas. Oh and sign me up to pay ever increasing property and other taxes to pay for k-12 baby sitting for all the breeders.

Snow birds are actually perfect guests. They come to town, spend money and leave. Not to mention the property owners who also pay taxes yet have no kids in the system.

Unread 03-04-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Yeah, I'd much rather have a city full of mellon heads in huge pick up trucks or cherry bomb mufflered Hondas. Oh and sign me up to pay ever increasing property and other taxes to pay for k-12 baby sitting for all the breeders.

Snow birds are actually perfect guests. They come to town, spend money and leave. Not to mention the property owners who also pay taxes yet have no kids in the system.
This is not a discussion about whether they are good or bad or about your taxes or your biases. . So keep your opinions to yourself or start another thread. It is about when to expect the snowbirds start to leave in noticeable numbers.

Unread 03-04-2013, 09:09 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,543,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post

Actually, we pay about 25% more in taxes for living here about 1/3 of the year. We don't even get a Thank You.

My other home is on a large beautiful lake in northern MN. People from around the country come and visit. There are some lines at restaurants, slower traffic, etc. But in the end, I enjoy them.

ETL (Estimated Time of Leaving) is the same as last year. And the year before, and the year before. Mid March to Mid April.

Unread 03-04-2013, 09:11 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,932,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Actually, we pay about 25% more in taxes for living here about 1/3 of the year. We don't even get a Thank You.
I wanted to be the first to say Thank you for bringing your money to our state and supporting our economy even though you only live here for a couple months. I for one am happy to have you.

Unread 03-04-2013, 09:13 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,543,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I have never seen anything like this year's invasion, but they must be getting ready to leave soon.
That makes sense. a TON of new buyers are from out of state.

Unread 03-04-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I wanted to be the first to say Thank you for bringing your money to our state and supporting our economy even though you only live here for a couple months. I for one am happy to have you.
Oh lord! Here we go. Mod, just kill the thread, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area