Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 08:16 AM

603 posts, read 945,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
Yes... those pesky farmers, who needs them, the supermarket has everything we need......

Don't believe these folks who will try to tel you icecream comes from cows, ever seen a cow producing vanilla ice cream????
I still stand by my position that if some cotton & citrus farmers have to move, Phoenix will survive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,430,332 times
Sure, and if you move some cotton and citrus farmers wil survive, what sounds better to me, I need Tshirts and fruit.
Do you know how many dairys are in AZ?

Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 AM

246 posts, read 400,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen431 View Post
I still stand by my position that if some cotton & citrus farmers have to move, Phoenix will survive.
Most people don't understand that even as big as Phoenix has become, the vast majority of water consumption in Arizona is still for agriculture. And a lot of that consumption is not all that efficient. If agriculture became more water efficient, it'd reduce water consumption in this state significantly.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:47 AM

603 posts, read 945,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgray9 View Post
Most people don't understand that even as big as Phoenix has become, the vast majority of water consumption in Arizona is still for agriculture. And a lot of that consumption is not all that efficient. If agriculture became more water efficient, it'd reduce water consumption in this state significantly.
Exactly. That's the reason irrigation for crops are the first in line for water restriction.

It's not as though they're completely cut off. They're just reduced and have to reduce the area for their planting by the same margin, or get more efficient irrigation systems, or change to hardier crops, or any number of different adjustments. There are several farms that do water banking, so they'll have time to make adjustments.

Quote:
Sure, and if you move some cotton and citrus farmers wil survive, what sounds better to me, I need Tshirts and fruit.
Do you know how many dairys are in AZ?
It'll be okay. Shhh. Just relax. Calm down. Shhh. It'll be okay.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:07 PM

I am OK, seems te me you have a problem, or at least can't see reality.
Without farmers you wil die, plain and simple.

What have you done at your house to reduce water consumption?

Typical, when logic is knocking at the door, they get al crazy, bu have no good answers.....

Old 03-19-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgray9 View Post
I can guarantee you farmers are very efficient, they don't get al that stuff for free. Drip irrigation is common.
Get out and see for yourself, the info in your local newspaper has an agenda....

Old 03-19-2013, 06:58 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,888,905 times
Quote:
I am OK, seems te me you have a problem, or at least can't see reality.
Without farmers you wil die, plain and simple.

What have you done at your house to reduce water consumption?

Typical, when logic is knocking at the door, they get al crazy, bu have no good answers.....
I value farms and farmers but with a few less farmers in Maricopa County I don't think anyone will die.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:25 PM

The same can be said of golf courses, they use an awfull lot of water and are not productive.

What I really want to say, if you try to get rid of one farm, you open the door to a dangerous world.....
Just quit eating if you don't like farms, that is making a statement.

I delivered feed to dairys in AZ, most are around Phoenix.
For many years they just sat there by themself, in the middle of nowhere. Than the houses came, often right across the road, with owners who went straight to court, suiing the farmer.....
Farmers have more money than the average person.....

And what when you get rid of the farms, what's next? Beverage makers use a lot of water, so does the food industrie..... paper manufacters, hotels as in washing al the linnens everyday, everybody uses water.
Bet you those who cry the loudest have a swimming pool...

The environmental lobby aka the Dems, has killed so many industries, now all you hear, we wil bring jobs.. sure.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,888,905 times
Quote:
The same can be said of golf courses, they use an awfull lot of water and are not productive.

What I really want to say, if you try to get rid of one farm, you open the door to a dangerous world.....
Just quit eating if you don't like farms, that is making a statement.

I delivered feed to dairys in AZ, most are around Phoenix.
For many years they just sat there by themself, in the middle of nowhere. Than the houses came, often right across the road, with owners who went straight to court, suiing the farmer.....
Farmers have more money than the average person.....

And what when you get rid of the farms, what's next? Beverage makers use a lot of water, so does the food industrie..... paper manufacters, hotels as in washing al the linnens everyday, everybody uses water.
Bet you those who cry the loudest have a swimming pool...

The environmental lobby aka the Dems, has killed so many industries, now all you hear, we wil bring jobs.. sure.
Best situation would be LA mandating water saving measures. PHX and Tucson have done more than most cities in this country.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:18 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,316,673 times
Phoenix?s climate will be a risk to business, growth - Phoenix Business Journal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area