Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2013, 10:00 AM

3 posts, read 3,032 times

Advertisements

This could be already discussed in this forum but I couldn't find good information so thought to post it here for valuable inputs from you.
I'm married with two kids and my husband has a potential job offer in North 27th Avenue, Phoenix. We would like to move to Phoenix with hope that my kids will get better education and better family like neighbor hood so that we can settle there. My budget is 250-300K and priorities are elementary/high school and family like neighborhood no crime and less commute. Can you please suggest which area or neighborhood would be better ?
I really appreciate your inputs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 10:26 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,174,580 times
First of all you will have to be more exact with your husbands work location. North 27th Ave could be anywhere from Indian School Rd to Carefree Highway a distance of about 30 miles.

Either way, you will probably want to look in the N. Phoenix, N Glendale areas. With your budget you have a lot of options. Do you prefer the suburban feel, or the urban feel? There are nice areas in the near north that provide a more urban feel, as you go further north you will obtain the suburban characteristics.

I like to use the address of the work location as a starting point and then work out from there until you reach your tolerance for the length of your commute. Then search within those areas.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:37 AM

Default Thank you for quick replay.

Thank you for your quick response. His office is close to John C Lincoln Deer Valley Hospital. I like urban area...How is school and neighborhood in Glendale? I heard good thing about Scottsdale...is it too far or commute to office could be bad ?

Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:17 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,174,580 times
From John C. Lincoln @ Deer Valley which is right off the 101 & I-17 you have many options. N Glendale (Arrowhead or further north), N Phoenix or even Scottsdale. Anywhere with close access to the Loop 101 will be good for you.

One area I like very much is the Norterra/Dynamite Mountain Ranch area. It is a newer suburban development, but good schools, parks, shopping dining, easy commute for your husband.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:28 PM

181 posts, read 439,445 times
Something older and classy in a much more well established neighborhood, much closer to 27th ave. and Dunlap: Royal Palm Neighborhood; 85021.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:54 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,978,552 times
The Royal Palm neighborhood is nice but there are plenty of nice older homes in established neighborhoods much closer to John C. Lincoln Deer Valley. And the lightrail traffic near the Royal Palm neighborhood is a nightmare right now. Anyway any where west of I17 and north of Greenway has some pretty nice established neighborhoods with homes on decent sized lots. I also second the Norterra area or Sonoran Mountain Ranch or just about anything in the far NW side of town will be a decent place to live. You have quite a few options good luck!

Old 03-16-2013, 04:13 PM

sorry I didn't catch the DV part. I would look farther North. Royal Palm would be perfect, if you were at the Main Hospital on Dunlap.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:38 AM

Thank you very much for your recommendations. Any idea how Scottsdale would be ? Which area of Scottsdale would be better in regards to raise a family with kids, education, neighborhood and also commute to his office?

Old 03-17-2013, 02:16 PM

Forget Scottsdale, unless you really need snoberry, and for 300K, you won't be getting much of it. DV is newish, but just old enough to have established good schools, and infrastructure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area