Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:23 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Housing costs are crashing here almost by the day-----and, that is not counting core inflation.
I haven't seen any "crashing" in my neck of the woods. Prices haven't changed one way or another in the last year.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:47 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Dont worry, prices are still dropping in many areas. They will never be as low as they were before, but even here in Calif, in the High Desert, there are many desperate builders who are now letting new homes go for as low as 200k!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:30 PM

4 posts, read 15,679 times
Default Back to Cali!!!!!

I would move back to Cali. I settled for AZ and everyday I miss CA I miss everything about it the people the places the stores the lifestyle. I wouldn't move to Newport though I would move to the Laguna Niguel, Coto de Casa, NellyGell, areas where I grew up in Southern OC and still close to the beach, clubs, great shopping its all there. Here in AZ everything is not all in a central area. and I hate that plus your guys freeways SUCK!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:37 PM

4 posts, read 15,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Um, that isnt 'entirely' true.
In many parts of Az, since the housing boom thing, it was getting hard to afford to live there (on Az wages). Even rentals had gone up. If a person already owns property, sure, thats one thing because they are all set. And some rentals here in this area, are 'close to' what one would have had to pay out there, in many cases.
But if a person wants to compare, that much money could last forever in places like Oklahoma, Iowa, S Dakota, Alabama, Georgia.....
Ok so you must be on crack because the prices here are no way even close to Ca prices yeah maybe the high desert prices but who wants to live there. For what I paid for my 1 bedroom appartment in Mission Viejo, CA (southern orange county) I now own a 4 bedroom home here. Oklahoma, Iowa, Alabama... come on who wants to live there. People want to get out of the hick areas not go back to them remember we want to better ourselves that is why we go to school and get degrees.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:46 PM

54,496 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Um, that isnt 'entirely' true.
In many parts of Az, since the housing boom thing, it was getting hard to afford to live there (on Az wages). Even rentals had gone up. If a person already owns property, sure, thats one thing because they are all set. And some rentals here in this area, are 'close to' what one would have had to pay out there, in many cases.
But if a person wants to compare, that much money could last forever in places like Oklahoma, Iowa, S Dakota, Alabama, Georgia.....
LOL... Power Surge, I'm just being a little sarcastic. But there is some truth to what I mentioned. You can probably buy a mansion for $500,000 here, for the same price that gets you an average 3 or 4 bedroom home in many areas of California.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:58 PM

54,496 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellfrumheven View Post
Ok so you must be on crack because the prices here are no way even close to Ca prices....
That's not a nice thing to say FellFrumHeven, although I agree home prices have always been higher in California than its neighboring states, and the influx of Californians to Oregon and Washington for example, have driven housing prices up siginificantly there too. You can't blame Californians for leaving the state for that either, I guess it's how the market works. When the market sees a lot of people who were used to paying $500,000 for an average 4-bedroom home, they'll figure $300,000 for the equivelant house in Arizona would be very attractive to buyers in Arizona.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 10-29-2007 at 05:09 PM..

Old 10-29-2007, 04:59 PM

376 posts, read 490,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I'm trying to figure something out here... do people really want to live in Phoenix... or are they settling for Phoenix? Let's say that money was no issue... that you won the lottery tomorrow-- let's make it really good-- the powerball! You could buy the house of your dreams in either Newport Beach, CA, or north Scottsdale, AZ. The best of Orange County vs the best of Phoenix. Where ever you live will be your primary residence... no second homes. Let's say that you'll still be working either way, but the commute would be 20 minutes or less-- so that's not an issue either. Which one would you pick and why?
If I had to choose from only those two choices, it would be Newport Beach, hands down. It would be much nicer weather and the ocean is right there. It is too hot here.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:45 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Aww, it doesnt matter, Mike, I like the clear, crisp clean skies up here in the high desert. All the more reason to stay away from the faster pace of the 'down-the-hill' lifestyle.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:38 PM

96 posts, read 616,679 times
Nice thread... Very clever idea. I think it does show that Phoenix is made up of a lot of residents who are indeed California wanna-bes.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:51 AM

81 posts, read 356,100 times
i dunno....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area