Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 06:38 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times

Advertisements

Let's stop the bickering, please, and get back to helping the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 01:05 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worriedMommy&wife View Post
I think his store address is 1951 W. Baseline Rd. Phoenix, AZ,85071..This should be the address.

Does anyone have recommendation for apartment units? As for the school issue it is a big thing for me because my sons education is very important and safety is also the issue. Once again thank you to all for helping me!!
That is a really bad area. I lived in that area. It is not a place I would live again, and I am not sure I would even want to work there. I had 20 acres and a fence.

Hopefully you made a mistake and your husband's store is the Albertson's at the same address in Mesa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worriedMommy&wife View Post
Thank you so much for your info!!! Is there somewhere around this address that is safe? Sorry I don't know much about AZ so this is why I'm asking so much Q's. Were willing to travel 30min to get to his job. What areas or apartments areas are good?
There are times of the day when 30 minutes won't get you 10 miles in Phoenix. Don't even consider an apartment in this part of town.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:06 PM

2,272 posts, read 3,073,826 times
The OP needs to get her cities straight. I googled it and there does appear to be an Albertson's store at 1951 W. Baseline Rd. in Mesa. That's the SE corner of Baseline and Dobson. That is a MUCH better area than 19th Ave. and Baseline in Phoenix. That would basically be Dobson Ranch. Not a bad area to be in as far as Mesa goes.

OP, there are plenty of good place to live around there. Check out Dobson Ranch in Mesa, areas in Tempe, and north Chandler. Those will be close and there are plenty of good options around there.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:48 PM

344 posts, read 812,538 times
Sad reflection of myopic assumptions held about southern phoenix that are shared by many. Southern Phoenix encompasses huge areas that include various nice neighborhoods and solid schools.

It's case by case. Drive around and keep an open mind that isn't readily apparent here.

Last edited by sunluv; 04-12-2013 at 09:05 PM..

Old 04-13-2013, 10:23 AM

52 posts, read 71,489 times
I've lived in 11 States and many more cities than States and what people call 'bad' here would be considered good in many other cities.
The greater Phoenix area is very easy to get around compared to most other cities and you would be hard put to find anywhere that is more than 15-20 minutes from a good safe neighborhood. Most places it will be less.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:47 AM

118 posts, read 318,147 times
Are you sure the job he got is worth the move? Are you happy where you are now? If you are, I can't imagine you being happy in Phoenix. It's like the exact opposite of Hawaii. It's dry and desolate. People here are not open and friendly like they are there.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:37 PM

I've been to Hawaii maybe 15-20 times on business.
The tourists are were pretty friendly but I don't recall the RESIDENTS being any different than here.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:17 PM

118 posts, read 318,147 times
I was born in Hawaii. Hawaiians may not be particularly friendly to outsiders and tourists, but as a community, they are very close. I don't get that sense of community here in Phoenix.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 PM

9 posts, read 34,924 times
First off, I'm not HAWAIIAN! Second off I would watch what you say about Hawaii! I'm only here to ask for suggestions on good locations about baseline and south Phoenix! Not about how friendly we are or whatever!

Old 04-15-2013, 11:54 PM

Perhaps there are English comprehension issues.
I said nothing bad about anyone.
What I said was I've spent time in both places and I saw NO DIFFERENCE in how friendly people are.
And I'm not 'from' either place so I'm not biased that way.
And to OP. AFAIK no one thought you were Hawaiian.
Phoenix is a lot like Hawaii in that a huge percentage of the population are transplants from somewhere else.
Also have seasonal residents (Snow Birds) as Hawaii probably does.
How 'tight' a community is can vary from one to another within a 1/2 mile.
It's also partly dependent on your own behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area