Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:05 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,309,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nice Baby! View Post
You are in serious trouble and should sell and move immediately. No time to waste as the gangs are around the corner and they are shacking up in all of the vacant unsold homes. I wish you the best of luck selling. Hopefully you can get rid of it before the word gets out. Queen Creek is the worst place to raise a family.
Unfortunately Queen Creek was a hot bed for investors. (Slumloads) and worse yet, many have gone belly up. Queen Creek *had* potential then the crash. Unfortunately, the prices will never drop much more, it will just be more of the rich renting to the poor.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:07 PM

89 posts, read 447,731 times
regardless if its going to be bad or good, you may most probably stay in da house. For the piece of mind - its gonna be good ;-)

Old 10-28-2007, 11:12 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,775,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
My wife waited in the emergency room for 8 hours on a guerny. Fortunately we had called 911 and she was taken by ambulance because the medics have to stay at the guerney with the patient until the hospital takes over.

They never gave me a sandwich, and I had to stay in the waiting room until she got a room. Maybe I should complain about not getting a sandwich.

There are two new hospitals in Gilbert, one on Val Vista Drive and the other that just opened near Higley at Hwy 60, and those are great.

Bill
You must have gone to Banner Baja (Baywood). If my wife had taken me there last December, I might have died. Instead we went to Gilbert Hospital on Power, south of Ray. Not a soul there that night. An hour later when I was transferred to Baywood I went straight to a room. Hopefully with Banner Mesa shut down and it's replacement, Banner Gateway now on the east side, as well as Mountain Vista on Crismon, the emergency room crush will spread out. Baywood has been terrible for years in the winters because of the snowbirds. With so many illegals now going there for free medical care, it's nearly impossible to see a doctor within eight hours of arrival.

Bill, you're probably lucky you didn't get a sandwich. Even after a couple days living on an IV, I thought the food was bad enough to want to go back to the tube feeding.

Last edited by aj661; 10-28-2007 at 11:20 PM..

Old 10-29-2007, 05:25 AM

19 posts, read 71,764 times
Thanks for all the replies. I lived in NY all my life and so far everyone here in AZ have been great. Definitely a different attitude here that is refreshing. I found out there is going to be a very high end golf course/living area right next to me called encaterra (trilogy). That should keep the area nice for a while . This is our first house so I want to know we made a good decision. BTW, 40-50 minutes to work is not a problem for me, it used to take me an hour each way to get to high school and college in NYC. That’s also dealing with the crazy people in the subways.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:26 AM

611 posts, read 2,300,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyz911 View Post
HUH? I never heard of living near a hospital being a bad thing....
gsmiley, I agree with blueeyz. Of all the places we've lived including here (NW valley), living near hospitals is a good thing. And, the neighborhoods surrounding the hospitals are nice and upscale. Welcome soon to AZ!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:29 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,918,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
My wife waited in the emergency room for 8 hours on a guerny. Fortunately we had called 911 and she was taken by ambulance because the medics have to stay at the guerney with the patient until the hospital takes over.

They never gave me a sandwich, and I had to stay in the waiting room until she got a room. Maybe I should complain about not getting a sandwich.

There are two new hospitals in Gilbert, one on Val Vista Drive and the other that just opened near Higley at Hwy 60, and those are great.

Bill
My husband waited 12 hours in Banner Baja on Power and Broadway. They hooked him up to an IV and stuck him in a chair in the waiting room with 103 fever and came to check his vitals every hour or so. I was offered sandwiches but I declined...... That was one of the worst nights ever. They ended up doing nothing for him once he saw the doctor. The next day I got him into our family doctor where they actually helped him.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmiley View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I lived in NY all my life and so far everyone here in AZ have been great. Definitely a different attitude here that is refreshing. I found out there is going to be a very high end golf course/living area right next to me called encaterra (trilogy). That should keep the area nice for a while . This is our first house so I want to know we made a good decision. BTW, 40-50 minutes to work is not a problem for me, it used to take me an hour each way to get to high school and college in NYC. That’s also dealing with the crazy people in the subways.
Phoenix is great compared to NY living!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
You must have gone to Banner Baja (Baywood). If my wife had taken me there last December, I might have died. Instead we went to Gilbert Hospital on Power, south of Ray. Not a soul there that night. An hour later when I was transferred to Baywood I went straight to a room. Hopefully with Banner Mesa shut down and it's replacement, Banner Gateway now on the east side, as well as Mountain Vista on Crismon, the emergency room crush will spread out. Baywood has been terrible for years in the winters because of the snowbirds. With so many illegals now going there for free medical care, it's nearly impossible to see a doctor within eight hours of arrival.

Bill, you're probably lucky you didn't get a sandwich. Even after a couple days living on an IV, I thought the food was bad enough to want to go back to the tube feeding.

Agree agree!!! Don't go to Banner in an emergency, Gilbert on Power and Ray highly recommended.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:13 PM

46 posts, read 190,966 times
"I'm from NY and some hospital I knew had bad neighborhoods surrounding it."

You are right, there are many hospitals in NYC that are surrounded by crappy neighborhoods.

"And just in case anyone reads this and interprets it as me slamming NY, I'm not - I love NY . . . especially NYC. It's just nothing like AZ!"

As a life long NY'er I think it is over rated. I guess it's a nice place to visit and do the tourist thing...call me nuts but I prefer AZ. Hope to make the move out there in about 6 months!!

Old 10-29-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredCop View Post
"I'm from NY and some hospital I knew had bad neighborhoods surrounding it."

You are right, there are many hospitals in NYC that are surrounded by crappy neighborhoods.

"And just in case anyone reads this and interprets it as me slamming NY, I'm not - I love NY . . . especially NYC. It's just nothing like AZ!"

As a life long NY'er I think it is over rated. I guess it's a nice place to visit and do the tourist thing...call me nuts but I prefer AZ. Hope to make the move out there in about 6 months!!
Call me crazy too, I prefer Az to NY. I don't like NY never did and personally I don't care what people say, that's my opinion. I lived there for 26 years and have never returned for a visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area