Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:49 PM

81 posts, read 356,090 times

Advertisements

you should be ok

Old 11-07-2007, 08:55 AM

12 posts, read 35,103 times
My mom lives about 1.5 miles from Banner Estrella. She's lived there almost 30 years. Even though the area was becoming "not so great" BEFORE the hospital went up, I don't think that it's gotten any worse. Everyone I know loves having the hospital right there. I've even delivered my 2nd child there. In my opininon, and it stems from growing up in that neighborhood, I think it actually IMPROVES the area. It looks nicer. It feels as safe as it did 5 years ago (right before they built it). I would say, if your neighborhood goes down, it's not because of the hospital. It's because of something relating to the kind of people. Perhaps the prices of the houses in the area?

Old 01-23-2010, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 735 times
My husband and I live in Larado Ranch and love it...we have Neighborhood Block Watch throughout the community and the area is quiet...there is the potetial for a lot of growth in the area but so far all has been positive. The hospital is beautiful and will only enhance the area as will the future businesses that are planned...Queen Creek and San Tan Valley are growing fast but will never replicate the big city life that so many of its residents moved out here to get away from....Come and enjoy!!

Old 01-23-2010, 01:27 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Hospitals are just like anything else, there are nice upscale ones and run down old ones. If you don't believe me, check out the crowd that hangs outside Maricopa and the one that hangs outside the Mayo Clinic. The newer Banner hospitals tend to be very nice and upscale. In my opinion, the most upscale hospital in terms of luxury in the valley is Banner Estrella. It's state of the art and looks like the hospital equivalent of the Wyn Hotel in Las Vegas. Banner Gateway in Mesa is really nice too and the area around it is fairly nice. In Gilbert, Mercy Gilbert Hospital is near San Tan Village which is an extremely upscale and nice area near Val Vista Lakes.

Let me tell you something too, medicine on the East Coast is known to be a little ghetto. It's just a fact of life among doctors that if you train on the East Coast, you will have a much harder lifestyle because the hospitals are more ghetto, the patient base is more ghetto, you will be required to do a lot of the scutwork yourself, the hospitals are often near bad neighborhoods...it's a totally different vibe from the west coast. You should be fine. Living near a hospital in Phoenix doesn't spell doom.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:31 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
The OP started this thread more than two years ago., and hasn't been back in almost a year.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:18 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times
This thread is old, and is being put to rest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area