Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 12:31 PM

9,487 posts, read 16,380,540 times

Advertisements

I bought a new car and wanted to take a ride in it this week. So I went out W. bell Rd in Surprise and drove for about 45 minutes on this road. I went past the latest retirement communities being build out in the desert somewhere. Then there was nothing but open desert for miles all around. So I ended up turning around since I saw nothing or no one to ask. So where does this road end up at, or does it connect with another road somewhere? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 01:12 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,889,620 times
It turns into Sun Valley Parkway around 183rd Ave and keeps going west north of the White Tank Mountains until about 275th Ave where it turns south until it runs into I-10 where it then turns into S Palo Verde Rd and keeps going south unit it sort of seems to turn into a small county farming road and then a dirt road that fades off into the desert.

Maps are amazing things.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:59 PM

200 posts, read 409,431 times
Above poster is correct....Sun Valley Parkway..
It was built years ago (Keating era) by a developer to pave a way for development. I believe it was built using public bonds by a guy named Burns.(if I remember correctly)
Real estate crashed before houses were built out there and it remained a nice new road for years with no traffic.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:54 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,980,520 times
Yeah, once it passes Sun City Festival - there's nothing. No Services at all until you get back down to I-10. Tartesso, another mega-development is down near Sun Valley & I-10, as well. It will be an interesting corridor to watch, once development picks back up. The City of Buckeye is banking on this corridor, and have labeled it "Main Street for a million new residents."

Old 04-07-2013, 07:37 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,412,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyW View Post
"Main Street for a million new residents."
Buckeye and there weird dreams...
That is why we left the sleepy town in 2001, it was nice and quiet, silence b4 the storm....

I wil never forget when the Pilot and motel where built by the interstate. Officially there has to be an announcement in the local paper, so you could object to it in a meeting.
Pilot just bought al the papers that week. And that's how AZ has grown since the days of Wyatt Earp..

6 months later the dark sky at night was history, one of many reasons we loved Buckeye. But that is progress I guess............

We moved to the edge of the end of the world, when you pass our place and don't slow down, you wil fall off..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area