U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 06:33 PM

310 posts, read 997,045 times

Advertisements

I've known about the in floor pool cleaning system, but have never heard of the Wave Force cleaning system. Can anyone give me reasons why to choose one over the other given our desert/dusty environment? Would love to hear people's experiences of both systems! Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 03:31 PM

800 posts, read 1,599,141 times
I've never heard of the "Wave Force cleaning system", either, and can't find anything about them online. Where did you hear about it?

The pool at our previous house had popups. These things need fairly regular replacement and aren't cheap at ~60 a pop (no pun intended). It did a nice job of keeping the pool clean though. At the time, we bought a lifetime warranty for $500.

We have owned two rental properties with older diving pools with sand filter / vaccuum only systems, and they need regular maintenance (manual vacuuming, brushing, and backwashing as well as placement of a Hayward Navigator automatic vacuum system. (there is a lot of landscaping around these pools)

Our own pool is a cartridge filter system that shoots water at the walls in a counter clockwise manner when it filters. That combined with a Hayward Navigator keeps the pool pretty clean except when there are high winds, when some extra brushing and manual skimming is necessary. You don't backwash cartridge filters, but you do need to clean them every few months and it is time consuming. Navigators aren't cheap ~$300 - and they do go through expensive parts. I don't think there is a better automatic vacuuming system, though.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:05 PM

Wave Force is one of the systems that California Pools use. Getting estimates from several pool builders and everyone had their own brand it seems, just trying to get people's personal experience with all types of cleaning systems.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:25 PM

1,598 posts, read 4,111,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightgirl151 View Post
Wave Force is one of the systems that California Pools use. Getting estimates from several pool builders and everyone had their own brand it seems, just trying to get people's personal experience with all types of cleaning systems.

Did any give you a web site for Wave. I would love to know what it is.

I have 2 pools with in ground cleaning and I love them. One pool is very clear so sometimes I like to help help it along by cleaning sand that might pile up after storms ( I use a $30 battery operated pool vac). All in all, and given my dislike for storing any extra equipment, the in ground systems are worth the extra couple of grand added to the cost of a new install.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:17 PM

14 posts, read 38,056 times
I think they call it a Vector system. They place jets around the pool that shoot down the walls to create a sort of whirlpool forcing the debris to the drain. Supposedly creates more water flow/mix as well so chlorine is better utilized. Or so they say. We are building now and went with a Paramount in floor pop up system. We talked to California and thought they would be our builder since I have family that had great experiences with them but they just didn't seem to interested in our business. Strange since it was a fairly basic geometric design w/landscaping needed. Not a cheap $30k project.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:21 PM

Yes, that is how the system works, I guess each pool builder uses their trade name for it, but that is the concept. I'm also debating in floor as well, which I have heard good things about too. Just want to be well educated to make the best decision.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:42 PM

1,170 posts, read 794,169 times
We just finished a pool last month and have in floor cleaning - it seems to work great (time will tell how it holds up, but we have a lifetime warranty with a reputable builder). The big thing for me is we paid quite a bit to have a good looking pool and I really don't prefer the look of the creepy crawly cleaners

Old 07-01-2013, 12:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,775 times
Default Curious about Wave Force too...

What did you find out? I have a bid currently from California Pools but I'm skeptical of the Wave Force cleaning system since no one else uses it. Shasta and Rondo use nearly identical systems and Presidential Pools is similar, but the Wave Force is different.... Hmmmm. I really like the guy I'm working with at California but I'm not sure about Wave Force.... So I'd love to hear what you learned. Thanks!

Old 07-01-2013, 10:01 AM

4,654 posts, read 8,618,994 times
If you go with in-floor popups make sure they put enough and in the right place for your size and shape of pool. Lucky for us, when our salesman designed the pool he put in the popups on the plans and when the plans went to "engineering" the salesman plans were rejected because they didn't have enough popups in the right location for the size/shape of our pool. The engineer made recommendations of where and how many should be added and it progressed normally. Lucky for us the company had a check and balance system and it wasn't just the salesman doing the design.

Ours works well but I've heard horror stories of others with in-floor systems that hate theirs and say it doesn't work well. They very well could not have enough popups for their pool.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:09 PM

269 posts, read 408,519 times
The wave force is not an in-floor cleaning system. Like previously stated, it is comprised of jets on the side wall that are directed downward. Cal Pools position is that no in-floor systems work so they don't offer one. They just put the jets on the side and point them down. It will circulate the water well and get some turnover, but it will not clean. There is not enough power to move the sediment to the main drain. When you complain, they will say we told you no systems work, so they are not wrong. Their wave force is a lot cheaper than say the Paramount PV3, but will not clean. I have the PV3 and it doesn't work perfectly but it limits my brushing to a few very small areas that take me about a minute when I do it. Those who say in-floors don't work, chose not to have them. I've had 2, the PV3 and the Shasta system on my old home and bot work better than nothing. I'd rather pay the $4k for in-floor that works 90+ percent, than pay $1000+ for useless LED light shows and bubblers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area