Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 06:03 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,676,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yes, it is frustrating when a help desk asks what seems like dumb questions. But it is also true that many customers don't know what a modem is, or a router is, or how to reset it, or to unplug it for a set amount of time, etc. Many customers use the equipment daily, but don't know anything about the equipment.

I always try to remember 2 things.

One was when I was a vice-principal, and the principal came in and asked me to look and see why her computer wasn't working. I walked in and found the problem in about 20 seconds. "Gail, you do have to plug it in." "Very funny." So I held up the power cord and said, "Gail, you really do have to plug it in."

The other was an interview I saw with the held of the help desk for one of the major computer makers (I think it was HP). The interviewer asked what was the most frequent question the help desk got. The answer: "Where is the ANY key". The interviewer laughed and said, "No, really?" The help desk manager said that really was the question they got most often (as in you are going through a computer sequence and the instruction is to "Hit any key").
my response was related to Cox acknowleging a problem was theirs, and offering to fix it.....

in a couple of weeks...

on more than one occasion.

wasn't referring to Cox's "helpless desk", or their short-sighted total reliance on contracted employees for repairs.. or their wildly increasing prices.. or their inept billing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 06:09 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,676,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Since you asked, this is why they have the benefit of the doubt. I've had reliable service for six years with them...
you had best hope it never breaks. go from 100 meg service to 0 meg service for a while.. then call for help & find out they don't have anyone available to fix it.. for a couple of weeks. then get a bill for a full month of service, even though it wasn't working for a couple weeks.. then get a price increase... at some point, they'll lose your loyalty..

Old 03-16-2014, 07:46 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
my response was related to Cox acknowleging a problem was theirs, and offering to fix it.....

in a couple of weeks...

on more than one occasion.

wasn't referring to Cox's "helpless desk", or their short-sighted total reliance on contracted employees for repairs.. or their wildly increasing prices.. or their inept billing..
Ah, okay, but my response was to someone else, not your post.

But yes, it seems awfully difficult for some companies to admit the problem was theirs, or at least could have been theirs.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:28 PM

269 posts, read 534,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's 40/5. They had 40/20 where I live but it was about 5 bucks more IIRC and I don't really need any upload speed. I live in Estrella (out in far SW valley). Usually we don't get the latest of anything. The CL tech said we were "lucky" here because they wanted to run fiber to Buckeye and ran it through here. I am getting exactly what they said I would. Watched a couple Netflix and it was so nice not to have it pause even once to catch up, something that was rare with Cox.
Lucky you, I'm in Estrella as well and we can't get internet with CL, cox only in our neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area