Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 06:48 AM

28 posts, read 84,853 times

Advertisements

As the title indicates looking for some reasonable work start and finish times. I'm thinking 7:30 to 4:00 will put me outside of the 25-30 mph rush hour times. Anybody on the forum doing this commute right now?

With no traffic I can do it in 25 mins. I'm hoping to only push that to about 35 mins with these hours. I have a bit more flexibility but not too much....maybe a half hour either side of the times i'm thinking but that would be all.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 09:28 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,765,229 times
Why live out in North Scottsdale when there are areas closer to your work that are pretty comparable like South Tempe, West Chandler, Ahwatukee area.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:24 AM

357 posts, read 711,928 times
7:30-4:00 will get you running into a little traffic on the 101 on your way home but nothing too bad. If you could do 7:00-3:30 you would definitely avoid any issues whatsoever.

Luckily the 202 doesn't start to really back up until west of the 143 so you should be fine on your way to work, just a little slowing when going from the 101 to 202. Overall it should be a quick, easy commute with those hours. 110th and Shea is a beautiful area, I understand why you want to live there!

Old 04-27-2013, 01:24 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
I don't understand why you are moving all the way out there either, yes, it's pretty, and if buying all that gas and doing all that driving every day is what you want, then I'd make my commute as early as possible. 7-3:30 would be better if you can swing it.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:44 PM

357 posts, read 711,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I don't understand why you are moving all the way out there either, yes, it's pretty, and if buying all that gas and doing all that driving every day is what you want, then I'd make my commute as early as possible. 7-3:30 would be better if you can swing it.
Maybe the OP is getting a new job or their SO has a job in North Phoenix. Regardless, he's living where he's living, appears from past posts that he's bought so thats not changing. I know a lot of people that do that commute. Less painful than many commutes. i agree 20 miles is a little long but lots of people do that distance from Gilbert to that area daily which I think would be much more worse. Like I said only delay should be ramp from 101 to 202, and potentially some slowing on way home for a couple miles, but both will be minimal. 35 minutes is very doable with those hours.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:48 AM

28 posts, read 84,853 times
Thanks for having my back Liz451!!!!
Didn't think I'd get my chops busted over a pretty simple question. I do work with people who live up in Cave Creek, Goodyear, Gilbert, northern Glendale, and eastern Mesa so they are much further. I talked to my boss and it's looking like 7:30 to 4:00 will have to be the choice. Thanks again.

We looked for 8 months in half a dozen areas and this one just appealed to us. Hard to say why. You sometimes just get a feeling, you know? Closing next week, so the hammer is falling.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:06 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawagonbus View Post
Thanks for having my back Liz451!!!!
Didn't think I'd get my chops busted over a pretty simple question. I do work with people who live up in Cave Creek, Goodyear, Gilbert, northern Glendale, and eastern Mesa so they are much further. I talked to my boss and it's looking like 7:30 to 4:00 will have to be the choice. Thanks again.

We looked for 8 months in half a dozen areas and this one just appealed to us. Hard to say why. You sometimes just get a feeling, you know? Closing next week, so the hammer is falling.
If you've just got that feeling, after looking that long, then that's where you should be. What's not worth it for some works out fine for others. Hope it's everything you want it to be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area