Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 07:44 AM

59 posts, read 123,759 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I started a thread about a month ago about apartment hunting in Scottsdale from afar.
I'm about to begin contacting places, namely Allison Condos and Villa Montana Apts.

Do any of you wonderful city-data members rent in Scottsdale? If so, please let me know if you've had a great experience at your complex. I've heard good things about McDonald East as well.

I'm looking to keep the monthly rent (before utilities) below $900 if possible. Optimally, I'd like a quiet apartment community.

Best,
Jonny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 09:49 AM

357 posts, read 711,928 times
Those seem to be very far apart - google shows Villa Montana at 115th and Shea and McDonald East at McDonald and the 101. Since the areas are so different it's very hard to compare them. 115th and Shea will be a quiet area for sure.

Most importantly, where are you working? Since those areas are so far apart that will help guide you. Even though traffic is much lighter here than other places there are still certain commutes you want to avoid.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:03 PM

Hey Liz,

I will be working at N. Northsight Blvd., very close to the Scottsdale Municipal Airport.

Thanks,
Jonny

Old 05-03-2013, 01:09 AM

428 posts, read 5,884,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyNYC90 View Post
Hey everyone,

I started a thread about a month ago about apartment hunting in Scottsdale from afar.
I'm about to begin contacting places, namely Allison Condos and Villa Montana Apts.

Do any of you wonderful city-data members rent in Scottsdale? If so, please let me know if you've had a great experience at your complex. I've heard good things about McDonald East as well.

I'm looking to keep the monthly rent (before utilities) below $900 if possible. Optimally, I'd like a quiet apartment community.

Best,
Jonny
The McDonald Apartment is WAY too far. I live close to the airpark and know this area very well. These would be my recommendations. All are right next to each other along Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd- a very convenient and nice location.

The Vintage at Scottsdale
14545 North Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
tele: (480) 845-6360
Vintage At Scottsdale Apartments - Scottsdale Apartments For Rent | Scottsdale, AZ

The Highlands Apartments
15255 North Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
tele: (888) 894-9032
The Highlands Apartments - Scottsdale Apartments For Rent | Scottsdale, AZ

The Regents Apartments
15555 N. Frank Lloyd Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ 85260
tele: (877) 824-0305
The Regents Apartments - Scottsdale Apartments For Rent | Scottsdale, AZ

Camden Legacy Apartments
15757 N 90th Pl, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
tele: (866) 490-2144
Camden Legacy Apartments - Scottsdale Apartments For Rent | Scottsdale, AZ

Old 05-03-2013, 07:02 AM

Vince,

Thank you very much! I will look into these. I've seen them pop up in searches before, but now I'll give them a careful look.
I really appreciate you taking the time to write that and post links.

Jonny

Old 05-04-2013, 02:16 AM

No Problem. I think Camden is the newest of those complexes if that is important to you. I like the Regent apartments because it has the Horizon Park right behind the complex. But all of those complexes are along the same street less than 1 mile apart, you can't go wrong with any of them. Almost everything you need is within 3 miles and FLW is one of the nicest streets to drive on.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:27 AM

357 posts, read 711,928 times
I agree with staying near work. It's very nice up there. If you were looking for something more lively McDonald area might make sense but with looking for much quieter N. Scottsdale will definitely work better.

Although, for future reference if anyone finds this, I don't believe McDonald to be too far from airpark if you want to be closer to Old Town or a more lively/younger area.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:24 PM

Vince and Liz,

Thanks again for the helpful words.
I am going to take a look at Regents, and I'm also looking at the Allison Condos that seem to be right off of FLW in the mix with all of these places.
Camden apts. look nice but I'm not hot on the non-refundable $310 "administration fee"...

Jonny

Old 05-04-2013, 11:39 PM

872 posts, read 999,724 times
Hey Johnny,

Well I live about a mile away from where you are going to work (are gonna be at Vanguard, just a guess)

I feel like I looked at almost ALL places, mostly east of the 101 on raintree, thompson pkwy and Frank Lloyd, with a similar budget. I think a lot of places up here are priced just cuz of the location but there are some good ones. I am at Ventana Apts and they have been great. It's quiet and people say hi to you but still are to themselves. There is no gate but I have never had any security issues so it hasn't bothered me. I have a 1 bedroom which is about 850 sq and I pay in total $792 a month. Now the good thing about that is I don't have a separate bill for water and trash, it's within that price. So the only utility I pay differently every month is electricity which is APS and it's pretty easy to maintain a good low bill if you know how to watch your usage.

A lot of other places, for example, Las Hadas Apts, were upgraded recently and have very nice interiors but they are small and are actually MORE than what I would be paying. They also include other silly things like paying for a space and water and trash being totally separate. They advertise seemingly low prices but when they add on the extra stuff it tends to me a lot more than what you thought. I think the summer time is the best time cuz their rates seem to be low.

Do not do Broadstone cuz they are overpriced and their layouts are poorly planned and I found bugs when I was in their models. Camden is OK but what I don't like about those places is that they are kind of like a chain and so once you get into that then it can get complicated. The Highlands are part of Equity and they have properties in South Sdale I looked at that are just terrible. Well Highlands may be one of their nice ones but it's not really amazing to me. Same goes for San Carlos and San Marcos.

I think Vintage is nice and so aren't the regents. Look at Franks on Shea and The Alexan on FLW, they look cool too
Also if you are willing to go a little further north but not too north, the Venu and Edge at Grayhawk are pretty new

Old 05-05-2013, 12:44 AM

I forgot to mention the Alexan- it across from Camden. Scottsdale Apartment | Alexan at Frank Lloyd Wright in Scottsdale, AZ 85260

And liz is correct, McDonald isn't too far- I was thinking McDowell when i said that, I get those streets confused. McDonald would be convenient if you plan on going out in old town scottsdale or Mill ave frequently or simply want to live close to the night life. The area is older but has been maintained well. The FLW area is newer, not near much night life, but very busy area hence all the apartments in the general vicinity. Just about every big box store you need is right between Raintree and FLW (Target, Walmart, Sams, Costco, Gold's Gym, Bestbuy, Home depot, etc.) and lots of restaurants are nearby to cater to the business offices that are scattered around the airpark. It does get congested during peak hours but you wouldn't need to worry if you are not traveling along the 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area