Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 11:48 AM

13 posts, read 94,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
You're kidding me right??????????????
Hi, I'm curious about your comment, as it was in reply to an earlier post where the person expressed thanks that (and I paraphrase) 'at least the neighborhood is alright'.

I am interested in the Queen Creek neighborhood because it seems to be one place where new homes can be purchased for a very reasonable price; but, price is only one factor. Crime rates/safety is a big priority for us, as well as access to local services/amenities ie shopping, restaurants.

Any thoughts on this anyone?? thanks so much for your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 12:03 PM

41 posts, read 237,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovestheSun View Post
Hi, I'm curious about your comment, as it was in reply to an earlier post where the person expressed thanks that (and I paraphrase) 'at least the neighborhood is alright'.

I am interested in the Queen Creek neighborhood because it seems to be one place where new homes can be purchased for a very reasonable price; but, price is only one factor. Crime rates/safety is a big priority for us, as well as access to local services/amenities ie shopping, restaurants.

Any thoughts on this anyone?? thanks so much for your replies.
Lovesthesun,

I guess my reply was more in the sense of safety as to date, the only thing I have heard about Queen Creek is the fact that the roads are not well designed and commuting can be quite an adventure. As I will not have to commute my posting was making reference to safety and the fact that I did not hear anything yet to date about its crime rate being outrageous or worst than phoenix, etc

Old 11-04-2007, 01:31 PM

4 posts, read 14,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
You're kidding me right??????????????
londonbarcelona, could you share your insight?????????????

Old 11-04-2007, 02:20 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsissy1 View Post
londonbarcelona, could you share your insight?????????????
I'm not going to talk trash about the area. It's common knowledge that area is struggling right now with foreclosures. Do your own research and make up your own minds. There are many areas having troubles right now. Only YOU can decide what will work for YOU. Good luck.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:29 PM

13 posts, read 94,546 times
Maybe I should clarify. I'm not wanting trash talk. Why I posted this question on this forum is exactly for the reasons you suggest. I'm trying to do my own research, and try to distinguish exactly what is good or bad with different communities -- and all the while keeping in mind my limited budget.

I want insight from others, that's why I'm here asking questions. Not being a resident of Phoenix or Arizona in general, I don't want to waste my time being allured by attractive home prices only to find out -- during an expensive and time consuming site visit -- that the neighborhood is a dog.

Foreclosures, that in and of itself does not constitute a bad neighborhood. But if the quality of homes is crap, the crime rate is high, services are poor etc etc...well that is why I posted. I get that the commute and roadways are a pain right now, but are there plans in place to develop the road system, for example, is anyone aware if this is already built in to the city's overall planning budget -- or has construction started, etc. Or, are the roadways going to be this way indefinitely.

That's why I asked for clarification on your thoughts on the community, and remain open to hearing from others. It's a huge investment for us, and one that we don't plan to rush.

Thanks for any feedback.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:58 PM

343 posts, read 552,495 times
Drugs and gang problems are more contained in Queen Creek because roads are less convenient. Freeways tend to open up more territory. Your crime rate is pretty low here. It has small town roots and there are very friendly people here, yet many new people keep coming.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:59 PM

41 posts, read 237,141 times
Default Murders

I was just reading this thread about "Laveen vs Surprise" and people were talking about murders and more specifically about the murder that occured last weekend when this boy got shot at his own party in Surprise. This area seems quite rough, is that the same for Queen Creek? IF that is the case, I don't know if I would ever consider a foreclose house in queen creek.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:29 PM

45 posts, read 166,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabfon View Post
I was just reading this thread about "Laveen vs Surprise" and people were talking about murders and more specifically about the murder that occured last weekend when this boy got shot at his own party in Surprise. This area seems quite rough, is that the same for Queen Creek? IF that is the case, I don't know if I would ever consider a foreclose house in queen creek.

I don't know much about surprise or laveen, but I wouldn't base my opinion on a one time incident. I live in Gilbert and the crime rate is pretty low, yet we've had stories of kids being kidnapped and killed. Point is, you'll have crime anywhere you go, but as far as I know, Gilbert and Queen Creek are pretty safe places to live in. Over all, the neighborhoods are great and the streets are quiet.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:40 PM

371 posts, read 1,008,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
It's in the middle of nowhere and there were tons of people who over bought out there thinking that the market would keep going up. Now that isn't happening so you have a bunch of un-lived in homes held by "investors," properties that have been foreclosed, and half-built neighborhoods where the builder has ether went under or refuses to take any additional risk. Add to that it is in BFE and miles from anything (including jobs). So, that is why it is cheap.
+1

QC might be OK if you are retired and never leave the house and love hellish weather most of the year.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:50 PM

4 posts, read 18,045 times
Queen Creek is cheap becuase it's sooo far!!, not much built up there yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area