Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 04:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,116 times

Advertisements

I know this reply is late, but for future students it could be useful. My son attends the Poly campus and we live close to ASU west (north Phoenix). He takes the ASU bus from West to Downtown to Tempe ("Maroon"), and then transfers to the ASU bus to Poly ("Gold"). West to Tempe takes about an hour and Tempe to Poly another hour. ASU buses are FREE to students and have wifi service, although it doesn't always work well. He's also had to stand a few times but he doesn't have to pay parking fees or gas, both of which are expensive. The shuttle buses run every half hour and if one is running a little late, the other usually waits for it so you're not stuck waiting an additional half hour and possibly making you late to class. Twitter runs an update stream so you can see if any buses are running late. The shuttles also run early: 6am, to late (10ish) and schedules can be downloaded from ASU website. Stops at Downtown campus & Tempe also connect to the Metro (rail or bus). One other thing: with traffic congestion and diamond lanes running in the mornings and afternoons, unless you're carpooling, ASU buses are the way to go unless you're driving off hours. It takes my son 2 hours on the buses vs. 1 hour driving off hours (and coughing up money for parking).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 06:54 PM

4 posts, read 3,484 times
I will be moving to this campus housing. I will b going to the downtown Phoenix ASU campus. What is the best way to get to classes from the campus housing.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:43 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,097,634 times
I did commute between Tempe and the Polytechnic campus. I had the luck of always going against the flow of rush hour. Probably the only advantage. As long as you are ok with the 35+ minute commute, sounds like you are good.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:59 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyjopipsqueek View Post
I will be moving to this campus housing. I will b going to the downtown Phoenix ASU campus. What is the best way to get to classes from the campus housing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdude_Charlie View Post
I did commute between Tempe and the Polytechnic campus. I had the luck of always going against the flow of rush hour. Probably the only advantage. As long as you are ok with the 35+ minute commute, sounds like you are good.

Between Tempe and Polytechnic and downtown Phoenix and Polytechnic are two very different things.

Sally, can I ask why you are moving onto the Polytechnic campus if you don't have classes there? I assume it's for the family housing, I don't know what the cost of that is, but you might have other options closer. If not, I don't know what time the buses from Poly to the Tempe campus start running. You could take that to the Tempe campus and the light rail into downtown from there. I have no idea how that will work for your class schedule. It's a LOT of traveling time, no matter how you do it.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:13 PM

581 posts, read 664,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Between Tempe and Polytechnic and downtown Phoenix and Polytechnic are two very different things.

Sally, can I ask why you are moving onto the Polytechnic campus if you don't have classes there? I assume it's for the family housing, I don't know what the cost of that is, but you might have other options closer. If not, I don't know what time the buses from Poly to the Tempe campus start running. You could take that to the Tempe campus and the light rail into downtown from there. I have no idea how that will work for your class schedule. It's a LOT of traveling time, no matter how you do it.
How much does this college housing cost? Also, do you have to be a student to rent one of these?

Old 07-01-2015, 03:32 PM

9 posts, read 6,790 times
Which public elementary school is assigned to the Poly campus?

Old 07-01-2015, 04:09 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessertlover View Post
How much does this college housing cost? Also, do you have to be a student to rent one of these?

Yes, you have to be a student.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area