Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 09:14 AM

42 posts, read 233,284 times

Advertisements

Are there any? I saw a photo set online of someone's RV travel trailer project and where ever they were they had found a storage unit that was powered and where they could work on their trailer. Does this exist here? I don't have the luxury of my own garage or of knowing anyone with that kind of shop space.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 02:56 PM

157 posts, read 356,517 times
I'd be interested too. I'm kinda baffled as to the lack of indoor storage for RV's here. I see lots of RV storage business that simply park your boat/RV/toys in a big dusty lot with no cover. The AZ sun flat out destroys everything that is left out for an extended period of time. IF its a boat, within 2 seasons your are replacing upholstery and covers. The rubber roofing on big RV's seem to last about 3-4 years before they fail. I would think that there would be a big demand for an enclosed storage unit for toys and RV's.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:18 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
The Uhaul at Northern and the 303 is currently building indoor climate controlled storage buildings for RVs, but that is west valley. They also have covered storage but no electric with them. Maybe you could check with an RV dealership like Earnhardt. I'm sure the question of storage comes up when they are making sales. Lots of snowbirds leave their half million dollar RVs here over the summer.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedus View Post
I'd be interested too. I'm kinda baffled as to the lack of indoor storage for RV's here. I see lots of RV storage business that simply park your boat/RV/toys in a big dusty lot with no cover. The AZ sun flat out destroys everything that is left out for an extended period of time. IF its a boat, within 2 seasons your are replacing upholstery and covers. The rubber roofing on big RV's seem to last about 3-4 years before they fail. I would think that there would be a big demand for an enclosed storage unit for toys and RV's.
I have been storing boats in the open for decades here. I agree that the sun destroys anything that is not metal or concrete. The best covers I have found are the old school cotton canvas. Poly last two years if you are lucky. ATM I have my boat in a covered slip at Lake Pleasant, but the mussels are getting all over it so I might go back to trailering again. Storage is a challenge for sure.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:12 AM

6,343 posts, read 14,685,213 times
Something like this?:
Premier Storage Condominiums

Old 05-24-2013, 09:26 AM

837 posts, read 2,334,635 times
Ponderosa, how much does lake pleasant charge you to store your boat up there?

Old 05-24-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
Ponderosa, how much does lake pleasant charge you to store your boat up there?
I got a promotional deal for signing up before the docks were built that is no longer available. I think the cheapest thing they have now is 450 a month, but it depends on the boat length. I know people that are paying over 1000 for large boats. It is a lot of money and it pains me to pay it each month, but when I trailered I rarely used my boat and with it in the slip I use it a heck of a lot more. My kids are at the tubing and wakeboarding age now and friends always want to come so we do get a good deal of family fun out of it. In a couple years though, ma and I will not be doing that ourselves.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The Uhaul at Northern and the 303 is currently building indoor climate controlled storage buildings for RVs, but that is west valley. They also have covered storage but no electric with them. Maybe you could check with an RV dealership like Earnhardt. I'm sure the question of storage comes up when they are making sales. Lots of snowbirds leave their half million dollar RVs here over the summer.
I stored our Concession trailer at that Uhaul in covered storage. They've got power AND they have a free dump station and 2 concrete slab wash stations. Covered storage was reasonable. It did keep "most" of the sun off but not all and didn't protect it much against dust storms, I did that by being in the middle and picking my neighbors (bigger rigs than mine to hide behind ). They did offer me inside storage but it was more than I wanted to pay. It'll be interesting to see what their new units will turn out to be though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area