U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-07-2007, 10:29 AM

3,633 posts, read 10,223,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
So I'm wondering~do any of you personally OR do you know of someone who moved down there because of any health problems? If so, did things improve for them?

I've got to add, I'm also a bit surprised that homeowner's insurance isn't much of a topic here. I take that to mean that it's not a problem there, is that correct? It's not that it would actually affect us, just curious.
What kind of health problems? We used to be THE place to go for asthma and other breathing problems, but not anymore! Our pollution is so bad that people with these problems do not get better, they get worse. Also, lots of allergies here as well.

My grandmother moved here in the 70's and was ok with her breathing for a while and then eventually she ended up in the hospital at least every year for asthma, bronchitis, and pneumonia. She moved back to upstate NY in 98 and has only been in the hospital probably twice (not even sure if they were breathing related)!

Homeowner's insurance is pretty cheap here. I think I pay about $60-100/month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-07-2007, 10:32 AM

7,560 posts, read 14,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Has anyone heard about the Prop 13 type tax rollback in the works? I read a little piece that someone is proposing a tax cap similar to CA, 2% a year and rolling our taxes back to the 2003 rate.
Wouldn't that be nice, Motley?

On the downside, I was living in California when Prop 13 passed and it was fairly obvious . . . the other taxes started creeping up.

Unread 11-07-2007, 01:01 PM

13,496 posts, read 23,438,505 times
Motley, I know exactly what you're saying. One of the things that made us concentrate on Fla. is the fact that we have relatives there. But that reason wouldn't actually pay the bills either. One my my neices bought a condo in Hollywood (Fl) and her HOA is 900 a MONTH!!! That's not her payment or anything~just her fees. Of course it's pretty fancy, but WOW!! That would definitely not be within our budget.

Bummer, I didn't realize you live in Tucson. How do you like living there compared to Cali?

Sable, my health problems aren't really pulmonary related. It's more of a fibromyalgia/osteo-arthritis/disc degeneration type of a thing. As long as I keep moving, it's tolerable and during the summertime I nearly feel ok. But as soon as the autumn sets in and it gets below 50, life isn't good.

Unread 11-07-2007, 03:33 PM

7,560 posts, read 14,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Bummer, I didn't realize you live in Tucson. How do you like living there compared to Cali?

(
After relocating here ten years ago, my only complaint, Jammie . . . WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?

There is no perfect place to live but Tucson is, by far, THE BEST SO FAR.

Unread 11-07-2007, 04:17 PM

13,496 posts, read 23,438,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
After relocating here ten years ago, my only complaint, Jammie . . . WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?

There is no perfect place to live but Tucson is, by far, THE BEST SO FAR.
Have you ever been to Sun City? If so, how would you compare it to Tucson?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area