Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 07:17 PM

18 posts, read 65,354 times

Advertisements

Hi!

We recently moved here to AZ from SD. Loving it so far. Our realtor has been showing us home in both North Phoenix and also North east glendale (happy valley, near juvenile corrections facility...lol)

Anyways, he keeps trying to lean us towards the glendale areas, saying we can get more bang for our buck and a better resale value.

We would like to find a home in north phoenix, off 32nd area near 101 preferably. What areas do you suggest for a family with 2 young children, who work in scottsdale, but want to stay under the 200 mark?

Just looking for a simple reply, if this has already been answered I apologize!

Thank you ahead of time!!

Tara

Also looking for newer then 1998
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 11:10 PM

6,343 posts, read 14,676,901 times
I think the average price per sq ft in 85024 is currently about $140 - so if $200k is the budget, that gives you homes in the 1400-1500 sq /ft range. In 1998, the average square footage of a new home was creeping up closer to 1700 sq feet.. Most of the available lots inside the 101 were already built on in 1998, so you're looking at an infill neighborhood in Phoenix, or going north of the 101..

Given the parameters you've outlined, there isnt any neighborhood near 32nd where you would have a choice of multiple homes, 1998 or newer, below $200k. Bumping the age of the home back to 1990 would give you a few, but not a lot of homes to pick from currently. Two years ago, you might have had a hundred to pick from. I'm not saying you wont find one, I'm saying the pickings will be slim.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:41 AM

681 posts, read 1,560,033 times
We have a home just off Happy Valley and I-17, in the area that your realtor has been showing you homes (Our zip is 85310).

If you are worried about that juvenile correction facility, don't be. It is really a non-issue. The schools in the area are highly rated, there are tons of amenities near by - including a couple of inexpensive golf courses and Wet N Wild for the kids. Our immediate neighborhood is very middle class and filled with young families. It is a safe area and we are really glad that we purchased were we did.

I imagine the pickings are getting pretty slim in the sub $200k range as there really isn't much for sale in that area and everything that is priced correctly sells VERY quickly and quite often over list.

Good luck with your search!

Old 06-18-2013, 04:56 PM

18 posts, read 65,354 times
Thank you so much! That helps a lot. I really liked that happy valley area- it was so nice!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area