Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 08:59 PM

81 posts, read 356,090 times

Advertisements

I know its a subjective and relative question...but I do want answers.

I checked out home on the west side...and was discouraged by the random graffiti i saw...it is quite different from the east valley...were i have seen some graffiti but not as much...

i also noticed the west side to be quite "diverse" to put it lightly.

thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 09:06 PM

343 posts, read 552,495 times
East side has diversity, too.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:08 PM

268 posts, read 1,159,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post

I checked out home on the west side...and was discouraged by the random graffiti i saw...it is quite different from the east valley...were i have seen some graffiti but not as much...

thoughts?
Oh no, not this question again. Here are some previous posts asking the very same question.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/arizo...st-valley.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...st-valley.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...east-west.html

Old 11-06-2007, 09:16 PM

2,788 posts, read 7,450,167 times
I don't think the question is the right one to ask. I think a more meaningful way to see the Phoenix Metro Area is as concentric circles:

Central Phoenix
Inner Suburbs: Tempe, Scottsdale inside the 101, Glendale inside the 101
Outer Suburbs: Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Peoria, Scottsdale and Glendale outside the 101, etc.
Exurbs: Buckeye, Maricopa, Anthem, etc.

In terms of demographics, housing, retail, employment, etc., communities within these rings often have more in common with one another than communities that merely lie in the same compass direction

Old 11-06-2007, 09:27 PM

919 posts, read 3,395,544 times
The original question is flawed. You need to define what you seek. It's similar to the posters who ask for good places to eat.

What do you like? KFC or 5 Star? Are you looking to date or recreate with family?

I'm a single guy, so to me a great place to live would be a neighborhood full of randy, tan and taut gals who want to wrestle in the afternoon and drink shots in the evening.

As an uncle to 4 yong nieces, however, I hope they live in a neighborhoods full of grannies who will share with them great recipes, between lesson plans.

Bottom line: there's something for everyone. But it would help if you provide more info. as to your interests.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:34 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
I'm a single guy, so to me a great place to live would be a neighborhood full of randy, tan and taut gals who want to wrestle in the afternoon and drink shots in the evening.
Sounds like Sun City.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:07 AM

611 posts, read 2,307,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbear View Post
I don't think the question is the right one to ask. I think a more meaningful way to see the Phoenix Metro Area is as concentric circles:

Central Phoenix
Inner Suburbs: Tempe, Scottsdale inside the 101, Glendale inside the 101
Outer Suburbs: Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Peoria, Scottsdale and Glendale outside the 101, etc.
Exurbs: Buckeye, Maricopa, Anthem, etc.

In terms of demographics, housing, retail, employment, etc., communities within these rings often have more in common with one another than communities that merely lie in the same compass direction
Thanks Silverbear! I completely agree with you! EXCELLENT post! Point for you!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Sounds like Sun City.
Now that is funny!

Old 11-07-2007, 10:55 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post

thoughts?
Sill prefer Ahwatukee....

Old 11-07-2007, 02:21 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
Sun City for young, single males lookin' for bikini babes to shoot vodka with? I'm totally missing something here! heeehee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area