U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 07:18 AM

376 posts, read 47,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Sure. In December. (Sorry, just being sarcastic). Actually it should be pretty cool now shouldnt it? Its been nice here in So-Cal.
Not at all being sarcastic. It is still hot here. We are having a later than usual warm trend. To me, summer never ended and fall decided to skip the prom altogether. It has been between 95-89 lately as a high. No rain. No cool breeze. Kinda missing out here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 07:20 AM

788 posts, read 1,331,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I have many times, my husband and kids can be sitting right next to me and they won't have one bite. Maybe the mosquitos in Phx don't like you.
I used to go camping by a creek close to Camp Verde and I'd be the only one with literally hundreds of mosquito bites. I chalked it up to my blood type, which is AB+, and rare. Maybe they like the flavor?!

We also have a fogger come by our neighborhood once per month. Maybe that's why people don't think we have mosquitos

Old 11-09-2007, 07:21 AM

376 posts, read 47,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I couldn't wait to put our fireplace on in November. We would crack the air up high and then put it on: It was woodburing.
You are aware I am assuming that there are no burn days? It is mentioned on the news. It deals with the brown cloud of pollution and hazards in the air.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlinAZ View Post
You are aware I am assuming that there are no burn days? It is mentioned on the news. It deals with the brown cloud of pollution and hazards in the air.
Yes, and you can be fined if caught burning on a high ozone day/no burn day.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:34 AM

461 posts, read 1,244,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
And then changing it again in April and May.
Nu-uh.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:43 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 3,742,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artliquide View Post
I used to go camping by a creek close to Camp Verde and I'd be the only one with literally hundreds of mosquito bites. I chalked it up to my blood type, which is AB+, and rare. Maybe they like the flavor?!

We also have a fogger come by our neighborhood once per month. Maybe that's why people don't think we have mosquitos
Oh course we have mosquitoes, but nothing like some other states. I saw a few swarms in late June 2000 in upstate NY that I could barely see through. That's probably why it's their State Bird. And in Alabama at Ft McClellan during July- September 1975, they were everywhere, and some looked big enough to carry away a small dog! We get a few out here in the east valley, but not many. I don't think we've had more than five in the house all year.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:54 PM

7,946 posts, read 16,020,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
Oh course we have mosquitoes, but nothing like some other states. I saw a few swarms in late June 2000 in upstate NY that I could barely see through. That's probably why it's their State Bird. And in Alabama at Ft McClellan during July- September 1975, they were everywhere, and some looked big enough to carry away a small dog! We get a few out here in the east valley, but not many. I don't think we've had more than five in the house all year.
Good one, aj!

Have you ever spent time in the "upper Mid-West" region? Those buggers are about the size of small cats and THEY BITE, not just sting.

I agree with you, we do have mosquitoes but nothing compared to the rest of the country.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:34 PM

19,528 posts, read 50,882,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Good one, aj!

Have you ever spent time in the "upper Mid-West" region? Those buggers are about the size of small cats and THEY BITE, not just sting.

I agree with you, we do have mosquitoes but nothing compared to the rest of the country.
They dont bite OR sting. They inject their proboscis into your skin.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
They dont bite OR sting. They inject their proboscis into your skin.
I was going to say the same thing, but I didn't want to nitpick

Old 11-09-2007, 04:34 PM

19,528 posts, read 50,882,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artliquide View Post
I was going to say the same thing, but I didn't want to nitpick

I like to nitpick, gets the facts out there. And besides, mosquitos can be a nuisance, no doubt, but Id rather deal with those than a scorp sting. Ouch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area