Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 09:58 AM

278 posts, read 434,532 times

Advertisements

My wife and are visiting Sedona next week, but plan on going to D'backs game on Sunday afternoon.

I just purchased my tickets for the game online through ticket master. I found the seats I wanted, and it asked me to pick the price - either a $55 ticket or a $27 ticket - and I chose the cheaper. Part of the window was off the screen, and I realized after I purchased them - I had purchased the "Military Discount" ticket.

I am not a retired or active military, or anything of the sort, but didn't realize I had purchased military discount tickets until I printed off my receipt!

Will I be able to use these tickets? They let me buy them - so I figure its okay. Will they check for military ids at the turnstiles?

Also - I need a great Mexican Restaurant to eat at on the way back to Sedona after the game. Any suggestions?

Old 07-08-2013, 10:12 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,739,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post
My wife and are visiting Sedona next week, but plan on going to D'backs game on Sunday afternoon.

I just purchased my tickets for the game online through ticket master. I found the seats I wanted, and it asked me to pick the price - either a $55 ticket or a $27 ticket - and I chose the cheaper. Part of the window was off the screen, and I realized after I purchased them - I had purchased the "Military Discount" ticket.

I am not a retired or active military, or anything of the sort, but didn't realize I had purchased military discount tickets until I printed off my receipt!

Will I be able to use these tickets? They let me buy them - so I figure its okay. Will they check for military ids at the turnstiles?

Also - I need a great Mexican Restaurant to eat at on the way back to Sedona after the game. Any suggestions?
If, as the subject line suggests, your question is an ethical one, then the answer is clear. You have purchased, albeit inadvertently, tickets under false pretenses, tickets that were intended for a group to which you do not belong. You should go to the box office and explain the situation, prepared to make up the difference.

If what you are really trying to do is figure out if you can get away with it, I think you probably can. I go to 25-30 games a year and have never seen a ticket-taker asking anyone for any sort of identification. These people can barely operate the scanners.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:30 AM

Oh dear - my ticket is on my credit card - will that make it even harder to get in?

Ethically - I honestly don't feel bad about it. They allowed me to purchase it, so they should honor it, right?

Old 07-08-2013, 11:45 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,739,336 times
No, the credit card will not make any difference.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:00 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,158,268 times
Quote:
Ethically - I honestly don't feel bad about it. They allowed me to purchase it, so they should honor it, right?
Despite your thread title "some ethics involved," you don't feel bad about it, and just want to know if there will be any problem gaining admission under false pretenses. I agree with pbenjamin, you probably won't have any problem duping the ticket takers. Shame on those Dbacks for allowing you to buy tickets you aren't entitled to. Vaya con Dios, Padre.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:16 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
You messed by using the box office. For good deals you should have used stubhub.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:31 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,391,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Despite your thread title "some ethics involved," you don't feel bad about it, and just want to know if there will be any problem gaining admission under false pretenses. I agree with pbenjamin, you probably won't have any problem duping the ticket takers. Shame on those Dbacks for allowing you to buy tickets you aren't entitled to. Vaya con Dios, Padre.
That would be a Ticketmaster webpage design problem, not a D-backs problem. I'm a little surprised that military discount tickets can be bought online.

To the OP- The ticket takers do not check ID. If you want to pay the additional price to resolve any moral dilemma, talk to the box office.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:34 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,138,335 times
Quote:
I just simulated purchasing military discount tickets. When presented with delivery options it said 'you will not receive paper tickets. Present your credit card and valid ID at the gate'. I'm assuming this is where they will make sure you have a valid military ID. If you don't my guess is that you'll be on the hook for remaining balance.

I then tried to purchase the exact same seats for the exact same game using the regular price. I was given an option for printing my tickets online.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
You're assuming I care about the ethics - I just put that so some would know it is an ethical question to some.

I love self righteous people who judge others, but probably would have no problem doing the same thing.

Ticketmaster sold me the tickets, with no warning about having to show an id to buy the tickets. I did not know they were military only tickets - but apparently they're not too concerned. After I bought them is when I saw on the receipt that they were military only.

When buying things, you see a low price - you go for it.

You're also assuming that I won't right the wrong. But you know - with there being thousands of tickets left for sale at the Diamondbacks game - I don't think me buying a ticket for any price is going to help them that much.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:10 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times
Quote:
Thanks for saying what I was thinking, Kimballette. Though you did it more politely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area