Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 11:54 PM

18 posts, read 21,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
NOW: I can also tell you how you can "go into hiding" to make it as frustrating as possible. Notify associates and family about your situation and ask them not to divulge your whereabouts #1.
#2) Get a PO Box with someone elses name to get your mail at.
$3) Buy a prepaid cell at someplace like Walmart. I can trace people's cells who are under a contract but I still cannot verify those who buy it prepaid without the merchant asking for ID.
$4) DO NOT apply for any credit. Your whereabouts will then show up as an inquiry on your credit report making it easy for someone to locate you.
I can do all that easily, I pretty much do that now. My cell phone is under my parents, but I pay for it by giving them cash.
What happens if I get employed somewhere or get an apartment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 AM

2,338 posts, read 4,716,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenrae134 View Post
I can do all that easily, I pretty much do that now. My cell phone is under my parents, but I pay for it by giving them cash.
What happens if I get employed somewhere or get an apartment?
You can't live this way forever but it is a short term solution to buy you time. Yes. Keep your address and phone under your parents address for DMV and other reasons being college aged.

Try to ask your parents to put your next apartment in their name and pay your parents the rent. Have them set up an autodraft with the landlord so you have no worries. If they do that, they are very generous parents.

Employment. If it's on the books, AZ like most states is a wage garnishable state if the landlord obtains default judgment against you.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:16 AM

OK. Here's another clever idea I've suspected many consumers of doing when defaulting on their mortgages. Set up a PO Box in an area hundreds of miles away from where you really live and just pay the $20/mth or whatever PO Box's cost these days. I know I've wasted time sending correspondence to these bunk PO Box's before catching on to the wild goose chase.

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
Since you don't even have your own cell phone plan, have you considered staying with your parents and attending school locally? Then you could pay for the lease you signed until you find another tenant for them, and your credit remains clean. And it's no extra risk or expense for your parents, who are really on the hook if they co-sign an apartment for you. And you will have cleaned up the problem by yourself in an adult and honorable manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
You can't live this way forever but it is a short term solution to buy you time. Yes. Keep your address and phone under your parents address for DMV and other reasons being college aged.

Try to ask your parents to put your next apartment in their name and pay your parents the rent. Have them set up an autodraft with the landlord so you have no worries. If they do that, they are very generous parents.

Employment. If it's on the books, AZ like most states is a wage garnishable state if the landlord obtains default judgment against you.

I know, but I don't know what else to do, and I guess it'll go away after 7 years. My mom demanded that the apartment be in her name thankfully(shes a control freak), so that helps. But this way I'll never build any credit, or fix any bad credit that comes form this. I'm planning on moving out of the state in 3 years after I get my degree, will it follow me?

Old 07-12-2013, 12:20 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,160,625 times
Quote:
I know, but I don't know what else to do, and I guess it'll go away after 7 years. My mom demanded that the apartment be in her name thankfully(shes a control freak), so that helps. But this way I'll never build any credit, or fix any bad credit that comes form this. I'm planning on moving out of the state in 3 years after I get my degree, will it follow me?
Wait. This apartment that you are skipping out on is in your Mom's name, not yours? Then the risk and blemish is on her credit, not yours. Does she know all that's going on with the lease?

And bad credit follows you everywhere.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Since you don't even have your own cell phone plan, have you considered staying with your parents and attending school locally? Then you could pay for the lease you signed until you find another tenant for them, and your credit remains clean. And it's no extra risk or expense for your parents, who are really on the hook if they co-sign an apartment for you. And you will have cleaned up the problem by yourself in an adult and honorable manner.
my parents are moving to an area that is still too hot for me to live in, this is the whole reason I'm moving in the first place, I'm getting so many migraines caused by the excessive heat that I have to move to flagstaff and go to NAU. I have free tuition for NAU, ASU or U of A.
I have to go to one of those schools or I forfeit 40,000$

The apartment that I signed the lease for didn't do a credit check, background check, or anything. They just gave me papers for a guarantor that I never filled out. My mom has no idea that this is going on and would remove me form the earth so fast like it was nobody's business.
The apartment I'm getting in flag she knows about and wants me to put it in her name.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Shoot straight with your mom. It's not fair for her to have that hanging over her head. Since it isn't in your name, then you aren't taking the hit for this.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:26 AM

The apartment I signed for isn't in her name. She has no connections with that apartment in anyway.
If I get an apartment in flag that will go in her name that isn't signed for yet. So nothing is in her name yet.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
my parents are moving to an area that is still too hot for me to live in, this is the whole reason I'm moving in the first place, I'm getting so many migraines caused by the excessive heat that I have to move to flagstaff and go to NAU. I have free tuition for NAU, ASU or U of A.
I have to go to one of those schools or I forfeit 40,000$

The apartment that I signed the lease for didn't do a credit check, background check, or anything. They just gave me papers for a guarantor that I never filled out. My mom has no idea that this is going on and would remove me form the earth so fast like it was nobody's business.
The apartment I'm getting in flag she knows about and wants me to put it in her name.
This is getting convoluted. You said you signed a lease with your mom involved and now you are saying you didn't ? Did you or your mom fill ANYTHING out that required a signature ? If not, it isn't a binding contract and you can have a solid defense if the landlord ever pursues it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area