Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:00 PM

551 posts, read 1,582,761 times

Advertisements

Hi, folks!

I found a potential condo/patio home in the 5700 block of Aire Libre Ave. Is this a good area? It looks like it is in Paradise Valley, or very near it, so any info would help.

As I said earlier, we may hang tight in California to take advantage of the possible lowering of house prices in the Phoenix area.

Many thanks,

LadmoFan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 09:18 PM

2,759 posts, read 7,377,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadmoFan View Post
Hi, folks!

I found a potential condo/patio home in the 5700 block of Aire Libre Ave. Is this a good area? It looks like it is in Paradise Valley, or very near it, so any info would help.

As I said earlier, we may hang tight in California to take advantage of the possible lowering of house prices in the Phoenix area.

Many thanks,

LadmoFan
It's in northeast Phoenix with a Scottsdale mailing address, and it's about four miles north of Paradise Valley. My gut feeling is that it would be a nice area, but there is no substitute for an in-person visit.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:27 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,114,263 times
That is a very good area. Those condos are ok, just older than what I'm used to. But they keep the area up quite well. It is a great location. How much are the condos going for over there now?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:27 AM

It is a very cute condo selling for $239,000 with a nice patio. The ad says they will sell the furniture as a separate bill of sale. My house was built in 1984 so I would feel very comfortable living in an older unit. It is a two story unit which is a draw back as I now have a touch of arthritis, especially in my feet.

Thank you both so much for your input.

I also found a couple nice condos near ASU which are tempting. They are a bit less money and are single level.

We are planning to visit Phoenix after Christmas to check things out.

LadmFan

Old 11-09-2007, 10:18 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,191,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadmoFan View Post
It is a very cute condo selling for $239,000 with a nice patio. The ad says they will sell the furniture as a separate bill of sale. My house was built in 1984 so I would feel very comfortable living in an older unit. It is a two story unit which is a draw back as I now have a touch of arthritis, especially in my feet.

Thank you both so much for your input.

I also found a couple nice condos near ASU which are tempting. They are a bit less money and are single level.

We are planning to visit Phoenix after Christmas to check things out.

LadmFan
$239,000 for a condo? That better be a great area. And the place is an older unit? Now I know why I chose Surprise.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:22 AM

2,759 posts, read 7,377,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
$239,000 for a condo? That better be a great area. And the place is an older unit? Now I know why I chose Surprise.
My previous home, a condo, sold for about that much a few years ago. It's really not a high price at all for a condo with good amenities in a desirable location.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:14 AM

Thanks Silverbear for the encouragement. I do think the Phoenix real estate market is "adjusting" so I expect home prices to drop a bit more. Fortunately our real estate prices are on the way up as this has been a depressed area for sometime.

I love Surprise, have often thought of living there, but it would not buy us what we need most. We need a place that is centrally located to city living, good medical facilities, relatively good mass transit, etc. Both our kids are special needs and require such things.

Where we live now, we have dial-a-ride which operates Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Most college classes are offered between 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Neither kid can access the college as the bus does not offer service when their needed classes are in session. Another difficulty is the college is located on the only hill in town and it is about three miles up.

We also do not have easy access to neurologists, orthotists or psychiatrists. Hopefully moving to the big city will give easier access to all three.

Finally, we will need to find sheltered workshops for our autistic spectrum daughter. All this adds up to living closer to town rather than farther out which I would much prefer.

LadmoFan

Old 11-09-2007, 11:34 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,114,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
The area is VERY desirable. It's over at 56th st and Bell. It's a great price for a condo in that area.

I don't suspect the prices in that general area will go down much in the future. I looked at a condo across the street about 2 yrs and it was $260k. It was older as well, but it did have a 2 car garage. I wanted to be in that area badly, but I also didn't want to share any walls with people anymore. To get into a house in that area you have to spend a minimum of $400k.

I lived in an apt closer to Tatum and Cactus, a 3 story, 2bed/2ba, 2 car garage that turned into a condo conversion. We had to move out as we couldn't afford the price tag at the time -- about $280 - $300k. That was 3 years ago. They are still selling for $300k.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

Old 11-09-2007, 11:44 AM

338 posts, read 1,619,707 times
I consider that to be a nice area and I am pretty particular about location but I think $239,000 is way too much for a condo. I would buy a house in North Phoenix with a yard for that price before I would buy a condo with a Snottsdale zip code. but I know some people like having that Snottsdale zip code.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:35 PM

306 posts, read 1,243,933 times
It's a nice area/great location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: