Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2007, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,446 times

Advertisements

will be moving to the phoenix area very soon and want to know about the area 8200 block of N. 19th ave. re: crime, culture, shopping etc. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 01:25 PM

63 posts, read 217,995 times
I bought a new home at 27th and Northern in 1961. Then, it was at the outer limits of Phx. housing. Now its "way in" by comparison. (I don't live in Az.anymore}. Check with area realtors; the farther north you go, the better as far as I can tell. (Except for the commute.) As I see it, north and east are better, west and south are no-nos.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:53 PM

2,788 posts, read 7,448,732 times
I don't agree with the generalization, often perpetuated on this board, that north is always better. The location you have named is on the border between North Central Phoenix and Sunnyslope. NCP lies to the south of Sunnyslope, yet it's the more highly regarded neighborhood. The crossroads of 19th Ave and Northern is transitional, with both good and not-so-good areas nearby depending on the direction. The area along 15th Ave just north of Northern is a beautiful subdivision called Royal Palms. If that's where you are considering, it might be a nice choice. Other areas might be less desirable. Take a close look when visiting.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:57 PM

89 posts, read 326,727 times
I'm not sure if I'd call Northern and 19th Ave north Phx.. It's more like central Phx. North Phx these days is anything north of Bell Road and Phx still goes another 15 miles north of that.
The area of Northern and 19th Ave is an older part of town...maybe built in the 50's. You're going to find a mixture of remodeled homes and older beaters all in the same neighborhood. If you can afford it, maybe check into moving a mile or two east. neighborhoods near Central and Northern are very nice...older but nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: