Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 01:43 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,222,821 times

Advertisements

There was never a sign up, just one weekend after the house being vacant for a year a uhaul pulled up and they moved in. Have no idea what the status of the house is other than she spouted last night that "I was lucky because at the last rental they were in they left the dog outside all day long barking and they could do that again in this rental if I wanted them to". I have no idea who is managing the property for them but will keep my eyes open.

I'll look at the tax info also to see what it says about the owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 01:48 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
also google the address. You might just find the old for rent listing. Or ask the HOA who is managing the property.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:55 PM

No luck with Google, lists nothing other than the normal Zillow and Truilia listings.

Tax record shows the people that used to live there a year ago and shows their address as the address of the house next door. Says the home is their "primary residence". They moved to the east coast a year ago and a search of his name brings up thousands of possibilities.

I have an email into the HOA management company so I'll let you know what they say. I guess I may have to attend the HOA board meeting this month.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:23 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Last suggestions to reach the owners:

Send them a letter, with Please Forward written on it. Risk is that the Post Office will send it to the current renters. You can minimize that risk by giving it directly to the regular mail delivery person and telling them that you are trying to reach the prior owners. In the envelope, just put your name, phone number or email, and say you are their next door neighbor and would they contact you, please.

Didn't the owners have any friends in the neighborhood? If they can't put you in touch, maybe they can at least tell you where they moved to reduce the possibilities on that google search.

Maybe the HOA can forward an email or letter to them for you? I would not expect them to release the address to you, but forwarding a request that the owners contact you should be possible.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:10 PM

Ok, spoke to the neighbor across the street and he has some additional information. The "renters" are the son of the owners that used to live in the house a year ago. I guess some boxes were mistakenly dropped off at his house and he spoke to the new renters when they came to collect the boxes.

He lives across the street and a house down from these people and said he can't hear the dog barking in the renters backyard when he's in his house but definitely can when he comes outside. He gave me a lead on what state the owners live in now but I don't know if I'll have any luck with them since it's their son.

If it doesn't get better I guess I'll have to try.

Last edited by LBTRS; 08-02-2013 at 03:36 PM..

Old 08-02-2013, 04:04 PM

784 posts, read 922,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertspiritsteve View Post
Dogs need to bark a little. I have a dog and I supervise the barking for a very short while during daylight hours only. She is in at night and if no one is home.

My next door neighbors are renters. They have a collection of breeding pit bulls and chihuahuas. The pit bulls are chained up in the back yard in full sun and sometimes without water. They bark 24/7. It would be useless to talk to the guy or his girlfriend or their nine children. They would get even. I have talked to the humane society in Sunnyslope about animal abuse and they don't want to have anything to do with it. To them it is normal to have a chain around a dog's neck with heavy weights on the end. They did give me some hope since the dogs are not licensed...they told me to call the dog pound. The dogs are the only ones with regular jobs, they reproduce as quickly as one litter is weaned. I cannot hear the dogs barking because I have very good double pane windows and German-American blinds. But my dog can. Sometimes she will get crazy inside at 3:00 am or so.

My ultra sonic bark deterrent from Pratt's Pets in Surprise has helped alot. I bought a little birdhouse at Lowe's and modified it so the bark stopper fits inside it. I hung the bark controller as high as I could get it in one of my trees, closest to my block wall pointed at their back yard. You would be amazed how that has quieted things down. The dog's barking activates the silent device and the dogs stop barking. It's a training device. Best $100+ I ever spent. I live in central Phoenix but made the drive out to Pratt's to get it, but you can order them on the internet, too.

Featured Products - Stop Dog Barking with the Dog Silencer Pro - Safe, Humane Anti Bark Control Product

Shop Garden Treasures 12.75-in H x 6.75-in W x 6.5-in D Cedar Wood Bird House at Lowes.com

I took the front off the the birdhouse and mounted the barker stopper inside. I have a big bicycle type hook on the back of the birdhouse and hang the device on a tree branch as high as I can get it. You would have to hunt for it to find it in the tree.
I did the same thing at my house in Illinois....funny to watch the dog bark once then high tail it to the back of the neighbors house....lol

This went on until one day I noticed the dog was gone....neighborboy told me it died....as much as I love dogs I sure don't miss that one....lol

Make sure and aim it in the best location to get the best results...it does work.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
I would check your CC&Rs as far as the HOA is concerned but you have done what you can with the barking dog problem. One thing I have done in the past is use an ultrasonic bark deterrent (about $45 from Pet Smart), set it up outside your window and every time the dog barks it emits a high frequency tone that startles the dog and stops it from barking. These are made by Pet Safe. I know it is kind of unreasonable to go out and spend money to stop their dog from barking...but given the circumstances it sounds like it is worth the $50.

Incidentally, I don't think they have a foot to stand on as far as the "harassment" charges.
I don't know about harassment but the OP is definately on shaky ground in terms of trespassing. If they have asked him not to enter their property and he does it anyway even just to leave a note on their door, he has broken the law.
[mod cut-- personal attack]

Last edited by observer53; 08-03-2013 at 05:48 AM..

Old 08-02-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I don't know about harassment but the OP is definately on shaky ground in terms of trespassing. If they have asked him not to enter their property and he does it anyway even just to leave a note on their door, he has broken the law.
[mod cut- personal attack]
Wow, thanks for the input...

I've never been told to stay off anyone's property and the first interaction with them was last night at my house and I've not been over there since.

Are you my neighbor?

Last edited by observer53; 08-03-2013 at 05:47 AM..

Old 08-02-2013, 06:01 PM

156 posts, read 420,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
[mod cut--personal attack]

Last edited by observer53; 08-03-2013 at 05:49 AM..

Old 08-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Wow, thanks for the input...

I've never been told to stay off anyone's property and the first interaction with them was last night at my house and I've not been over there since.

Are you my neighbor?
If you kept pounding on my door after it was clear I didn't want to talk to you and left multiple notes you would have received a much more aggressive response to your harassing behavior. IMO, [mod cut-- personal attack] dogs bark, deal with it.

Last edited by observer53; 08-03-2013 at 05:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area