Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2013, 06:27 PM

32 posts, read 95,728 times

Advertisements

also they tore down the madison hotel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
The building is not the same, but Lazy Lou's is still at 27th/Bethany. Could the pic be another location?
no its not it most recenly a hamburger shop.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
I have no idea where this is located today but simpler times.

Attachment 87341
arizona falls

Old 01-13-2013, 08:50 PM

Default camelback

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertskies View Post
Camelback Rd and I-17 through the years, between 1930 and 1969.
Notice the farmland slowly give way to urban sprawl and modern transportation.

But for the watermarks, historicalaerials.com is fun, but if you're just checking out metro Phoenix, try FCDMC--GIS: Aerial Photography Map for unencumbered overhead shots. Sadly, not all years are included (I found it to be hit and miss) and it runs mainly on IE (sorry Firefox users unless you can locate the plug-in).
Interresting that the area i grew uoin, was farm lamd, I grew up in the area of 27 ave and camelback area , I look at its deteration today and cry

Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 PM

537 posts, read 1,545,268 times
I remember the ice cream factory at 27th. Ave. and Camelback. We can rule out Carnation. That used to catch my attention about 55 years ago when I would go in the car with my grandfather. I recall the wooden slats of a huge cooling tower. Another attention getter for me was Toy's Shangrila at 16th. St. and Highland. Oh the beautiful colorful neon pagoda on the front. I wondered about all the toys that must be in that place. Magic.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:07 AM

218 posts, read 570,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertskies View Post
CJS Film Studios were located on 103rd Avenue, about a 1/4 mile north of McDowell Rd. The property was sold to a developer for apartments and I believe the sets were sold and are being moved to Rawhide. According to IMDb, CJS provided second unit support for the film "Farewell Darkness" starring Keith Compton and BriAnne Weaver (I didn't see it either ). CJS did have a website at one time.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/s...t-complex.html

Cudia City was at 40th Street and Camelback Road, just northwest of the intersection.

KCAC lives!: "26 Men" and Phoenix's Cudia City Studios
Thank You for the information! I hope they do (did) move the sets to Rawhide. They seemed in nice condition.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertspiritsteve View Post
Salvatore Cudia. This was in Phoenix Magazine.

Spaghetti Western - Phoenix Magazine
A great article. Now I know the story of Cudia City. I sure missed the whole thing even though I was born in Phoenix in 1946 and never left the area. Thank You!

Old 01-15-2013, 03:48 AM

Here are some examples of Lily Ice Cream advertising from our collection. The plant was at Central Ave. & Henshaw (Buckeye Rd). They had a huge cooling tower that was nice to walk by in the summer. They also made ice for wholesale & retail sales. Opps! Sorry the menu is sideways.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:35 AM

537 posts, read 1,545,268 times
Lily was the best! But then again, so were Bratt's, Mary Coyle and some others. I like the ad pictures very much. Are there any photos of the product in its carton? Did I read that the Lily plant went on to manufacture the first Baskin Robbins?

Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 AM

427 posts, read 1,186,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukebox47 View Post
Here are some examples of Lily Ice Cream advertising from our collection. The plant was at Central Ave. & Henshaw (Buckeye Rd). They had a huge cooling tower that was nice to walk by in the summer. They also made ice for wholesale & retail sales. Opps! Sorry the menu is sideways.
We had the little cups of Lily Ice Cream with our school lunches on ice cream day. That was great until the holidays when they passed out Eggnog Ice Cream...YUK! Funny what memories a name will drum up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area