Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 05:50 PM

28 posts, read 62,367 times

Advertisements

I remember Dog and suds they were located at 403 S Stapely Drive ...How about the Dog House restuarant at 807 E 4th Ave anyone remember that one??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 06:47 PM

76 posts, read 143,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertratz View Post
Bravino's!!!................used to be my favorite hangout when I lived in Chandler in the early - mid 70's. They had the best sausage pizza I've ever had and haven't found anyone else that even comes close! I remember they got one of the first Pong consoles when they first came out. A friend of ours, who'd recently broken his leg, streaked Bravino's on a saturday night while on crutches. He even made into the back dining room. That really lit the crowd up, as if we needed an excuse anyway?

I used to frequent Dog N' Suds frequently also. They were behind the Circle K on the SW corner of Stapley and Broadway, facing onto Stapley Dr.
too funny! my best friends family owned Bravino's and I may know the streaker you speak of!!! lol, I also worked there for a while in the kitchen and the sausage pizza, pizza in general was the best in AZ to me. Can you tell me of the mexican restaurant that shared a wall with Bravino's?? We used to trade food with their kitchen staff and we came up with a great green chile pizza too using their ingredients. Bravino's, "you've tried the rest, now try the best"!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:49 PM

and the Pong game, you are right, likely one of the first on the market and they'd have a line to the door waiting to play this game! ridiculous huh??

Old 10-24-2012, 07:40 AM

427 posts, read 1,186,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb1956 View Post
and the Pong game, you are right, likely one of the first on the market and they'd have a line to the door waiting to play this game! ridiculous huh??
A friend and I played one of those Pong consoles in about 74-75 maybe at a Mexican restaurant, lol in the bar of course, around 19th and Northern. They could always tell when we'd been there because the coin box was full. Chips and salsa, many pitchers of maggies and Pong...lots and lots of quarters! I was pretty good at Pong but have never been able to play any other video game. Those were the days!

Old 10-24-2012, 04:21 PM

283 posts, read 880,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb1956 View Post
too funny! my best friends family owned Bravino's and I may know the streaker you speak of!!! lol, I also worked there for a while in the kitchen and the sausage pizza, pizza in general was the best in AZ to me. Can you tell me of the mexican restaurant that shared a wall with Bravino's?? We used to trade food with their kitchen staff and we came up with a great green chile pizza too using their ingredients. Bravino's, "you've tried the rest, now try the best"!!!
I can't recall the mexican restaurants name probably because we always went downtown to Ortega's for their sour cream green chili enchiladas.

p.s. The streakers first name was John and I'll leave it at that!

Last edited by desertratz; 10-24-2012 at 05:10 PM..

Old 10-26-2012, 05:12 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,620,367 times
I received a small book scanner as a gift and scanned a dealer page from 1958 for fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0003.JPG
Views:	1493
Size:	521.7 KB
ID:	102896

Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 PM

14 posts, read 48,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
I received a small book scanner as a gift and scanned a dealer page from 1958 for fun.

Attachment 102896

"They always call him Mr. Touchdown"

I can still hear that jingle. If I remember right didn't Aquanetta host a late night horror program.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 PM

1,292 posts, read 3,473,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgninca View Post
"They always call him Mr. Touchdown"

I can still hear that jingle. If I remember right didn't Aquanetta host a late night horror program.
I don't think so, but she was in a couple of Grade B horror films that showed up regularly on late night TV and "The World Beyond" on Saturday Morning KPHO.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Mike View Post
I don't think so, but she was in a couple of Grade B horror films that showed up regularly on late night TV and "The World Beyond" on Saturday Morning KPHO.
Vampira or Elvira?

Old 10-26-2012, 03:36 PM

107 posts, read 422,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post

Attachment 102896
That's a fun page; some old names I remember and a few I've never heard of. Didn't realize Jack Ross & Ev Mecham were already going in '58.
My earliest memory of going car shopping with my parents was when they bought a new '61 Chevy station wagon from Sands (in Glendale?)

Interesting that the Phoenix dealers were still downtown in '58. I wonder when they started migrating up to Camelback Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area