U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-07-2013, 06:23 PM

161 posts, read 172,729 times
Default Maya Cinemas opening in San Tan Valley

Looks like Maya Cinemas has decided to open in San Tan Valley versus Queen Creek. Does anyone know why the deal fell through in Queen Creek?
Southeast Valley Ledger Maya Cinemas finds warm welcome for much needed entertainment district in San Tan Valley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 07:15 PM

5,011 posts, read 3,198,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miran View Post
Looks like Maya Cinemas has decided to open in San Tan Valley versus Queen Creek. Does anyone know why the deal fell through in Queen Creek?
Southeast Valley Ledger Maya Cinemas finds warm welcome for much needed entertainment district in San Tan Valley
In your link it says:

"Maya originally planned to build in Queen Creek and their site plan was approved by the Town Council. However, when Harkins Theatre announced they would be building across the street from the Maya site, serious issues arose."

I guess they didn't want to be directly across the street from their competition.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:57 AM

28 posts, read 18,705 times
Has anyone seen an update regarding the Maya project? There has been no noticeable activity at the proposed site.

Old 01-26-2014, 04:45 AM

75 posts, read 138,065 times
I've been wondering the same thing, rasty. A neighbor told me that they recently started working on the Harkins theater at Queen Creek Marketplace, though.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:07 PM

I wonder if the road widening project (Hunt Highway) has impacted the start date? I have not been able to find any source that indicates the project is a no go however I do find it strange that no update has been offered especially given the fanfare around the original announcement.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 237 times
Default Maya Theater in STV

I contacted the STV Chamber of Commerce regarding what was the delay in the construction of the theater in STV. They said that there were several internal delays (within Maya) but that the theater should break ground this summer. I also checked the Maya website and there is not a word about the project. I am personally skeptical.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:21 PM

4 posts, read 1,338 times
I'd say "don't hold your breath" waiting for the ground breaking.
Even though Maya would be technically closer to my own home than the Harkins, I know that I would probably patronize Harkins most of the time. The Queen Creek location is much better due to shopping and restaurants nearby, and proximity to more population.
The Maya "powers that be" surely realize the location next to Walmart on Hunt isn't quite ready for prime time. Perhaps if more business went into the Skyline shopping area, it would be viable. I'd hate to see the theater open a fail. Just my opinion.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:39 PM

I just received a response from one of the San Tan news sites that also stated that the project was still a go. I get the point re the lack of development at the Skyline Center however given the rate of building in Johnson Ranch and down to Merrill Ranch, I would think a theater's success would be a slam dunk. Not my money though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area